network to ukdirt query

AlecTPR

I'm thinking of actually venturing onto the ukdirt track at a meetnig in the near future after a long time watching from the terrace's.

I just have a question

As I don't have broadband at home, is it possible for myself and my friend to use the same broadband connection to connect to dirt?

Is there a newbie's guide that can be downloaded (saying to use the mirc chatroom, heat patched to 1.72, full tracks, how to line up at each track. etc)

Also, how soon would be able to race?

Would we need to race using a newbie skin or is it possible to upload our own to use?

many thanks in advance

Edited by AlecTPR

Do you mean you want to go round your friend's house and play there (where there's broadband) ? That should be possible, and I'm fairly sure other people run on shared connexions. The PCs would either have to be networked together and use Internet Connexion Sharing, or else (preferably) there'll be a router on the cable/adsl modem.

As for help guides, etc...

www.ukdirt.co.uk

Side menu- check out League Information (rules, procedures, etc) and Guides (installation etc). The download pages also have some notes in them.

thanks for assistance

yeah, sorry, forgot to mention.

Networked to each other, internet available on both via a router, to 1mb broadband link.

Heat multiplayer works fine over both PC's.

just wondering how quick we could get online and next meeting we could race at?

And which skin's we'd use? (the Novice ones or our own?)

cheers.

Both register on the site and your trial period will start within the day usually depending on when its authorised.

As soon as it is you can register in leagues.  You would use the novice skins until the next skinpack is due when you would upload your own skin.

You will need all skin packs for whatever mod you plan to play.

22878[/snapback]

ok, not a prob.

just downloaded all of them now (at work) and will install on home pc and hope to see you all very soon on the track.

I'll be the one going sideways (along the straight on the tarmac tracks)

shrug.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..