Skin Import

Hey

I was just wondering i have had a skin made for offline use (just for the moment anyway) and i have the dds and veh files

but i'm unsure as where they need to go in the rfactor/Stockcar folder as the skin is not appearing on the car

Any help would be fab

cheers

Think there was a guide for putting skins in game somewhere but not sure where it is. Go to the F1Stockcar folder then either ShaleOL or TarmacOL depending which type of car it is, then UKDirt (Shale)/UKDirt (Tarmac) depending. You want to put your skin in there and make sure it is name with your number and the chassis name eg. if your number was 492 and it was a Wainman tar, you would call it 492WainT.dds. You then want to find someone else's .veh file with the same chassis as you (so if it was WainT you would need to find a .veh with WainT in the name). Copy the file and rename the copy for your skin (eg. the 492 wainman tar, you would call it 492WainT.veh). The veh file itself would look something like this;

DefaultLivery="492wainT.dds" Change this to your skin name

HDVehicle=wainmanT\wainmanT.hdv

Graphics=wainmanT\wainmanT.gen

Spinner=wainmanT\wainmanT_spinner.gen

GenString=

Sounds=smallb.sfx

Cameras=wainmanT\wainmanT.cam

HeadPhysics=headphysics.ini

Cockpit=wainmanT\wainmanT_cockpitinfo.ini

Upgrades=wainmanT\wainmanT_Upgrades.ini

Number=492 Change this to your number

Team="UKDirt (Tarmac)"

PitGroup="Group1"

Driver="Andrew Emslie" Change this to your name

Description="#492 Earache" Change this to your number & nickname

Engine="Big Block 9L"

Manufacturer="Chevrolet"

Classes="TarmacOL"

FullTeamName="UKDirt (Tarmac)"

TeamFounded=

TeamHeadquarters=""

TeamStarts=

TeamPoles=

TeamWins=

TeamWorldChampionships=

Category="TarmacOL"

That should let you see your car in game :thumbup: If you're still having a problem, not sure what could be wrong, maybe try saving the dds again? Or trying it in a different DX setting? I'm not an expert, somebody who races these online may be able to tell you more.

Edited by earache

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..