FTAO Travel - Mark Green F2 #365

Mav

im pretty sure he did do it and i beleive he got something but cant remember what he said it was lol im sure he will post on here when he looks next, was a great acheivment for a white top and i bet there still isnt many that have done it even now and i bet the 1s that have are higher than white

hi Mav only just seen this.

Yes i did race at every track in 1996 and got up to yellow top for October i got a plaque and a cheque of £100 from the brisca promotors and £100 from the f2 and a couple of gifts from some fans and had a blast doing it to.

It started of with me wanting to race at the furthest south track Stday and the furthest north Crimond but then got carried away.

And just for fun i did the same thing in 1998 racing at all the track plus i did 60 meetings that season only Rob Speak did more not bad for a pish white/yellow top on very limted funds.

list of tracks i raced at in 1996

Barford

Birmingham

Bolton

Bradford

Bristol

Buxton

Coventry

Cowdenbeath

Crimond

Hartlepool

Hendesford

Kings Lynn

Long Eaton

Mildenhall

Northampton

Pembrey

Ringwood

Skegness

St Day

Stoke

Swaffam

Taunton

Warton

hi Mav only just seen this.

Yes i did race at every track in 1996 and got up to yellow top for October i got a plaque and a cheque of £100 from the brisca promotors and £100 from the f2 and a couple of gifts from some fans and had a blast doing it to.

It started of with me wanting to race at the furthest south track Stday and the furthest north Crimond but then got carried away.

And just for fun i did the same thing in 1998 racing at all the track plus i did 60 meetings that season only Rob Speak did more not bad for a pish white/yellow top on very limted funds.

list of tracks i raced at in 1996

Barford

Birmingham

Bolton

Bradford

Bristol

Buxton

Coventry

Cowdenbeath

Crimond

Hartlepool

Hendesford

Kings Lynn

Long Eaton

Mildenhall

Northampton

Pembrey

Ringwood

Skegness

St Day

Stoke

Swaffam

Taunton

Warton

what was/is the best shale and tar track in your opinion the best to drive at trav?

oioi Tosh

for me there was 2 tarmac tracks i used to get a buzz from on tarmac that would be Cowdenbeath just because theres not another track out there like it with the racing line being so close to the wall

and the buzz you got from the massive crowds back in the 90s there. Also used to love St Day again totaly differant from any other track with the wierd shape and the track was not as smooth back then as

it is now and youd be well knackerd after a race there. As for shale again choice of 2 Stoke was ruff and ready with pot holes all over but had some of my best races on shale there and Mildenhall nice and

small and always seemed to go well there to.

But i cant say i raced at a track that i never enjoyed my 1 off meeting at Knockhill was a brilliant day and i did crap all night the one and only meeting at pembrey with 9 cars was good to massive long straight

into a hairpin with all the cars running wide over the grass was funny. if i could race at a track that closed before i raced id love to be able to go back in time and race at Newton Abbot that place was awsome to watch at

i also regret never racing in northern ireland or holland wished id made at least one trip

Edited by TRAV365

oioi Tosh i found a few pics

Cowdenbeath

365-2.jpg

Skegness

365-1.jpg

Stday

365-2-1.jpg

Taunton first ever meeting from yellow october 1996

365-4.jpg

Cowdenbeath the cars last ever meeting before it was cut up as it was to badly bent was also the same day princes Di passed away 1997

365-5.jpg

amazing mate, thanks for the info on the tracks, top quality pictures as well, to think id be going with my dad at that time and you would have been racing around the wall, you probs raced against my uncle at that time to.

a low grader doing all the tracks is some achievment in my book. :appl:

amazing mate, thanks for the info on the tracks, top quality pictures as well, to think id be going with my dad at that time and you would have been racing around the wall, you probs raced against my uncle at that time to.

a low grader doing all the tracks is some achievment in my book. :appl:

Cheers Tosh i loved every thing about it met some great great freinds by doing it to and to think when i first started in 1993 i hated it the only reason i gave it another shot in 1996 was because my brother got all loved

up and wanted to sell it but most of it all was mine so i gave it another shot and never looked back just wished id carried on racing longer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..