Please help: Resetting head unit

Friend of mine in her new 2000 (i think) Polo is having a bit of bother with the head unit.  Every time the ignition is turned off, the radio is reset IE all stations presets, levels etc are lost and need to be set again when its turned on the next time.

Its the standard casette player & cd changer, but sounds like the boyo that had it before her had his own radio in and ballsed something up.  Local shop Motor Sport & Spares shop are looking 20 squibs to fix it but wont tell me how (obviously) - he says its a 2 sec job too so hardly woth £20 imho.  I fitted my own radio to the (old shape) corsa and it done the same - however we used the wee loom that came with the new radio and it had a few Lives to choose from so changed the plugs over and it worked.  Does it sound like this radio is on using the "new" loom from the aftermarket radio and still at the wrong setting, or will some cutting and soldering be needed?

(yes i know its not easy to know without looking, just wanting ideas  shrug.gif)

All and any help appriciated guys  thumbup.gif

i Think you need too swap wires around

15+ and 30 +

30+ is needed for the radio memory..

15+ is needed so that the radio switches of after you pull the key from ignition

you can also wire the 15 from the radio too he 30 feed

that way you will always be able too play the radio

its hard without looking...if its a vag connector you better pop down the dealer ship and they will do it for free...if you have the radio out ofcourse

042.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..