r factor timed out

chevy11

im returning to rfactor from a layoff this year but i uninstalled it all ages ago.

i got my activation code to download it all again but it keeps timing out on downloading it

has anyone got a link for the correct rfactor download as im not sure im doing the right one

also has anyone got any ideas why its doin it?

thanx

Hiya Chevy,

Welcome back :)

By 'timing out' do you mean the download won't start or the download is starting and then hanging and cancelling itself? if it's not starting i wonder whether it's because you're trying to download an exe file and your anti-virus is protecting your pc from what it thinks is a malicious file?

anyway, i tried a couple of the links on rfactor.net:

this was the fastest rate exe file download i found

click here and click 'show more download options' for link to a zip file rfactor on a UK server

hope these work for you - don't forget once you have the download to set yourself as administrator (or Disable User Account Control when it comes to installing the game.

Good luck :) wrighty

Hiya Chevy,

Welcome back :)

By 'timing out' do you mean the download won't start or the download is starting and then hanging and cancelling itself? if it's not starting i wonder whether it's because you're trying to download an exe file and your anti-virus is protecting your pc from what it thinks is a malicious file?

anyway, i tried a couple of the links on rfactor.net:

this was the fastest rate exe file download i found

click here and click 'show more download options' for link to a zip file rfactor on a UK server

hope these work for you - don't forget once you have the download to set yourself as administrator (or Disable User Account Control when it comes to installing the game.

Good luck :) wrighty

thanx wrighty ive managed to download it now so just need to install the stox bit

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..