Paint shop pro gradient assistance needed!

Matty300

When I paint my skin in paintshop pro (VER 9) & use the gradient fill tool it works fine & I save the file as a .DDS. However when I open the file up again the gradient shading has become distinct blocks of colour rather than blending in gradually. Anybody know why this should be? Never had this issue before must have turned something on or off, anybody any ideas? Please see the attached screengrabs to illustrate what I mean.The top one is with the blockiness, whereas in the second this is the blending that im after.Also if anyone is using an nVidia graphics card, please paste what the saving settings should be for a .DDS. Thanks

post-629-1330104818.jpg

post-629-1330104834.jpg

I run a Nvidia graphics card - Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB

Cheers southy but i need to know which options to set when saving in PSP 9, i use an 8800 GT and when you go to save an nvidia box pops up with lots of saving options, reckon ive tinkered with one of the settings in there unwittingly. Ive attached a grab of the box that appears

post-629-1330107353.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..