Baking graphics cards

bristolstokie

For a while now every so often my computer would freeze when it got to the desktop and show screen like below. It began by happening every so often (with re-installing drivers being able to sort it) but then finally got to the stage where it it just refused to work no matter what I tried. I spent hours and hours trying everything imaginable to get them to work but nothing would. I finally came across a thread on a forum that suggested baking them in the oven. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea but because I bought all 3 of the cards second hand and had no warranty I decided it was time to try this trick. There were a lot of people commenting saying it had worked for them so I just went for it. I have in the past tried the towel trick on the xbox and had success for a while so I know this isn't permanent fix. But it worked!!

Remove everything possible from the card that might melt then 10 mins in the oven at 210ish degrees C and the problem card is working.. at least for now. I just wanted to share the experience for anyone who might have the same problem in the future.

I would only suggest this if in exactly the same situation with warranty and make sure the card has your full attention during the process :thumbup:

post-39346-1350400067.jpg

post-39346-1350400100.jpg

Edited by bristolstokie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..