Trying to sort F2 for rFactor

Biffo

:coffee:

So far have got rFactor V1.255 and added the F2 Stockcars v3.1

I had no previous version so didnt see any problems.

Unfortunately cant find " Setups folder "

Says the folder (if I could find it) should be added to the setting folder found at rFactor\ userdata\ < your player name > \ settings

Even though I`ve set up a couple of user names no such folder appears in userdata

All I`ve got there is this :-

post-997-1359497472.jpg

Strange unless I`m looking in the wrong place...???

Needless to say there is no sign of the F2 Stockcars setups appearing in the Garage setups in Game.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction in the meantime.

P.S. while we`re on the subject of cant find, where`s the .plr file or are we back to the missing < your player name > folder ?

Hi Biffo,

Check your My Documents folder it sometimes puts your .plr file and User Folder in there, There should be a folder called 'TomD112' for example and in that there will be a settings and Trymedia folder. Inside the Settings folder you should find all the track setups etc

Setups folder is located...C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\Biffo720(for example)\Settings then all the tracks you have entered will have a folder each.

As for the /plr file that is in C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\Biffo720(for example)

Cheers anyway , cant even find the TomD112 folder in there so think we may have to uninstall and start again.

Setups folder is located...C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\Biffo720(for example)\Settings then all the tracks you have entered will have a folder each.

As for the /plr file that is in C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\Biffo720(for example)

===========================================================

Forgot to mention am using windows 7 so presume thats C:\program Files (x86)\rFactoir\UserData\........no sign of Biffo folder, just CONTROLLERS, LOG, and SCEENSHOTS plus some SVM files

as shown above.

Forgot to mention am using windows 7 so presume thats C:\program Files (x86)\rFactoir\UserData\........no sign of Biffo folder, just CONTROLLERS, LOG, and SCEENSHOTS plus some SVM files

as shown above.

Try right clicking on the rFactor icon and then run as administrator, that should create the folder.

As Tom says if you click on documents in Computer there will probably be a folder in there called rFactor and then inside that your userdata folder

sounds like an UAC problem try this.

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.

Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

Try right clicking on the rFactor icon and then run as administrator, that should create the folder.

As Tom says if you click on documents in Computer there will probably be a folder in there called rFactor and then inside that your userdata folder

Success , just ran it as administrator and that created the folder where it should be.

Presume I dont have to run it as Administrator any more ?

Thanks lads. :thumbs_up:

:blink:

Just as I thought I was there , no sign of setups folder.

This is what I now have in my "Biffo" folder, as you can see the .plr folder is there and I`ve change that to the reccommeded settings but the "settings" folder only contains empty track files.

I`m under the impression that there`s a "setups" file somewhere to drop into the settings folder ?

Still cant find TomD`s folder either.

post-997-1359575902.jpg

Success , just ran it as administrator and that created the folder where it should be.

Presume I dont have to run it as Administrator any more ?

Thanks lads. :thumbs_up:

Settings is your setup folder. Within that Settings folder there will be individual folders for each track where the setups for each track live. If you mean the F2 setups zip that was included at one point it is called F2 Stockcar, within that was about 15 F2 setups for various things.

:blink:

Just as I thought I was there , no sign of setups folder.

This is what I now have in my "Biffo" folder, as you can see the .plr folder is there and I`ve change that to the reccommeded settings but the "settings" folder only contains empty track files.

I`m under the impression that there`s a "setups" file somewhere to drop into the settings folder ?

Still cant find TomD`s folder either.

post-997-1359575902.jpg

The tracks will appear once you load each one

:thumbs_up:

Cheers - onwards with my rFactor learning curve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..