Rear track bars - setup (?)

thebagoo

Hi,

Hope someone can answer this.

The rear track bars in the F1 setup...are these the lengths of the trailing arms to the rear axle?

If so, on tarmac, am I right in thinking that the rear outside should be shorter than the rear inside bar to give the rear axle some offset? In other words, I'm thinking that the rear axle should be pointing "around the corner" (as Stu Smith once told Glyn Pursey just as he made his car work on tar)

Cheers for any advice

:2:

Bagoo

this explains a bit what it and what it does when adjusting it

Thanks for the video link.

I might be missing something but on the video there is one track bar (although it does look like it's sleeved) whereas on the F1 setting screen there appears to be two. I think this is where I'm confused.

From what I understand the track bar in the video is a sort of panhard rod that locates the rear axle laterally and adjusting the bar adjusts where on the chassis (vertically) the lateral force of the rear axle is transferred to during cornering.

In the UKSOM guide, the wording implies the track bars do something different (or at least that's what I think).

If the track bar does what you say, it makes sense of my adjustments which don't have the effect I think they should have!

:2:

Bagoo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..