World Final Preview & track update

drumbstick

Over the next few days we will be bringing you the world final preview, and some other information. In instalment 1 we have the consolation grid and rows 9 and 10

Track

Thanks to Bristolstokie who has produced us a World Final version of Taunton. The track surface has not changed, but there are some nice touches to give us a World Final feel.

The track can be downloaded HERE and is up and running on the servers now!

Row 1

Inside

The ladies favorite #236 DanSkin has achieved what he set out going into this year world final with sitting on pole in this one after a flag to flag victory in his semi final at Bristol, Dan is the current World Champion and is by far the most consistent man on track in recent seasons and looks like he will be wearing the gold in the F2s for another year but could this be like a Moodie scenario where they must take the fastest out to win? if Dan gets away on the first lap it will take a strong man to beat him!

row1%20236.JPG

Outside

#87 Robin thought he was on pole for this one but after a stewards enqirey after the final at Bristol it saw a controversial docking which meant semi 1 managed to get the inside going into this one which Robin must be gutted about, but im sure he wont let it get to him and will try and BAM his way to the front of grid! Robin has been the runner up twice in this big race so will be looking to go one better this year but can he do it? He has the big race experience and the race craft to win this one will we see the gold going to Holland for the first time in Rfactor history?

row1%2087.JPG

Row 2

Inside

Young Gun #305 Jakiejnr was looking for a win in his Semi but played it safe and settled for 2nd going into the big race, the Superstar graded driver will be after the gold so will be trying to make the first lap count to get past the leaders, Jake has got the race pace but has lacked Big Race positions but im sure this will come with time, but one thing is for sure it will take a brave man to bet against him for this one! Jake is the current Novice Of The Year, will he add another trophie to the cabinet?

row2%20305.JPG

Outside

This is proof an outsider can win a championship! #46 Nezza has always been a Red/Blue top driver and always has the pace but this year he steered his way to get yellow and orange roof by winning the European Championship! from this position i think he is in with a chance if the front 2 dont get away! The Bedford based man will be chuffed to be sitting here on the grid going into the big race, if luck goes his way don't be surprised if we see the gold going back home with the #46 Bingley!

row2%2046.JPG

Row 3

Inside

The 2011 World Champion #112 TomD sits on row 3 in his DK car! after getting a new sponsorship deal with myfreecams this year who has kindly given Tom a new engine for this race he will be going all out to try and get the gold back on his car! Tom has won it all in the F2s as big races go pretty much go so has the nerve to go all the way in this one and has already told Dan he is going in the wall! Tom hasn't taken his racing to serious in the F2s this year but im sure a win here will see a full time return next year!

row3%20112.JPG

Outside

Mr lover lover #41 Drumbstick may be disappointed with his place on the grid after being one of the favorites to win there semi final, Drumb has won this race before but may not want the pressue of the gold on his back again as he is set to become a dad for the first time so F2s will probably take a back seat soon, Drumbstick is without a doubt one of the fastest men on the F2 ovals and has the sucess to back it up with winning the Gold and the National Points back in the early days, who can stop the #41 car?

row3%2041.JPG

Row 4

Inside

Newcomer late this season is #180 Ward, he has won alot of big races in another league and has put a stamp on ukdirt this year with a solid place in this years world final after only getting on the grid after having a good meeting at the last WQR, he has a new RCE car for this meeting after selling his DK, will we see a RCE win the world final for the first time in UKDIRT history? im sure Ward must be delighted to part in this big race and we wish him good luck!

row4%20180.JPG

Outside

Real life racer #115 Green will be in action on row 4, Green is one of the fastest drivers around in F2s when he races and was on the front row for the world final last year, he has the pace to win this one but has shown he is quite bumper happy at times which many drivers wont forget so will be looking to get rid of him well wide if there going to pass him at any point! I feel green could be a dark horse in this race but only time will tell, will he steer his RCE to victory?

row4%20115.JPG

Row 5

Inside

Ukdirt veteran #188 AUB must be chuffed with his world final place after only racing a handful of meetings this yea, AUB in recent seasons has been a on/off man who doesn't take his racing to serious and would rather have fair racing and enjoy it then some of the silly standards we have seen this year, He has been a constant red top in rfactor and is a former F1 British Champion so understands what big races are all about, i wouldn't count this man out for the gold! (Aub has confirmed he will be unable to race, opening up another place from the consolation semi-final)

row5%20188.JPG

Outside

If the world was on shale i would say look out for this man as on the loose stuff he is awesome but #291 Marten seems to struggle a bit on the grippy surface but has proven he can put it all together when it matters with a 5th place in his semi on tarmac which puts him in a good place for this world final, he tends to race his f1 on a more regular basis but seems to enjoy the rare f2 meeting, i dont think he will be quick enough to take the gold but if it was on shale i would say he has a massive chance, could we see a upset?

row5%20291.JPG

Row 6

Inside

#31 Simon has made this world final after a very lucky semi final after going back to 17th at one point! Simon has had a good season on tarmac and managed to win the GN at taunton the last time we was here but has stuggled on the shale surface making his season very up and down! Simon is glad to be on the grid infront of his home crowd as the south west driver drives his Higman Chassis in this years world final, i think he wont make a big impact on the leaders but will be happy to be on the grid!

row6%2031.JPG

Outside

Up and comming star #691 Jake Cameron starts on row 6, Jake has spent most of his season at the blue grade but now sits in the superstar grade, Jake is a fast driver who can set some real fast laptimes but seems to lack luck and race craft in races, i wouldnt say a top 10 is out of reach for Jake as he can race with the best of them, another driver who uses a RCE driver on tarmac will he get the car on rails for this one?

row6%20691.JPG

Row 7

Inside

Hard hitter #315 Mike sets to take his place in this years world final, Mike normally sits in the superstar grade in f2s but has only dropped due to not racing as much as he used to, Mike has won the F1 world final before so is used to the world final pressure, he probably would of been higher up then row 7 but he had a damaged car in the semis but managed to steer it home to 7th which i'm sure he will disappointed with, this man has won races from back here before, will we see it again?

row7%20315.JPG

Outside

#338 Evnos has transformed his season with sitting most of the year at yellow but now stands a solid red grader, he has grown up alot this year as he was another bumper happy man but seems to have got alot of speed and race-craft now and puts it into practice at every meeting, a good all rounded driver on both surfaces, i don't think he has the experience to win the gold but will be taking the race as it comes and will use it all as experience for next season.

row7%20338.JPG

Row 8

Inside

#262 Harmen must of used a few front bumpers this year as he tends to smash people out of the way! he has made a few rivals this year and most people no what to expect when he is around or behind! i think a top 10 would be a good result for Harmen as he may struggle to have 4 wheels left on his car, he has got some speed on tarmac so i wouldnt rule him out but not many drivers will be happy with his car behind him going into the corner so may dispatch the #262 car first!

row8%20262.JPG

Outside

Stumpys apprentice #151 Dode made a rare appearance as he was a reserve for the meeting and managed to sneak into the world final! Dode doesn't take F2s to serious but has a few scores to settle so im sure he will looking to do that then win the big race of the year! a very quick driver on his day and could win if higher on the grid but a bit to far back to make a impact in this one! Could be a crowd pleaser in this one and show he is not to be messed with!

row8%20151.JPG

Row 9

Inside

Another Ukdirt newcomer #330 Wilkin is set to be present to take his place on the grid, Wilkin hasnt raced much this season but really wanted to make the world final which he has achieved this year on his first year of racing with us, Wilkin can win races and has won a final this year in the opening meeting of the year but hasn't done much since, again to far back to make a difference to the front runners but will take it all in his stride to have a good go for next year.

row9%20330.JPG

Outside

Another driver who seems to prefer the shale scene is #43 Sije, on his day he can win races and beat the best of them on the loose stuff but seems to struggle abit on tarmac, but he has shown some good pace at some meetings, again its his first year in ukdirt so must be happy to be on the grid, im sure he will be looking to make a stamp in this race and make good progress the only way is forward from here! we wish him all the best going into this race.

row9%2043.JPG

Row 10

Inside

A big shock looking on the last row is the British Champion #480 Leighton, he has had a great season with winning the british and almost won the European aswell, but luck seemed to fall away at Bristol after being one of the favorites for a top 3 finish, Leighton has the speed and race pace to win this race but i feel he is a bit to far down but i think a top 5 is in reach for this young gun, he may be disappointed from starting back here but he has alot to gain from here.

row10%20480.JPG

Outside

#589 Stijneman takes the last spot on the grid with a 10th in his semi, he has dabbled with the red grade this year but struggled abit back there but sits firmly in the blue grade now, he has won heats and a final this year so understands what it takes to win races, like most of the dutch men online he is another very bumper happy racer who is a hard racer to tackle, not really sure where he will finish in this one but will giving it all to make an impression here.

row10%20589.JPG

Below is the consolation semi final grid. As with previous seasons we were unable to fill the Semi-final grids so anyone else who has scored a WQR point in 2013 will be eliginle to start half a lap down(Up to a maximum of a 24 car grid)

post-1244-1379004390.jpg

Edited by drumbstick

I'm looking forward to making a rare appearance in the meeting if possible.

Update Information

I no longer give any support to xxxxxxx for my track work or updates, and due to being banned will not be able to post any help or news on their forum.

If anyone races here and there, they may have to keep swapping Taunton versions.

I am very happy to spend time doing track and mod work for leagues that appreciate what I do and respect my way of doing it. This is why I made the effort for UKDirt. I don't like the situation that has arisen and ideally would have like everyone to benefit from my work but there is no way I will be doing anything for xxxxxx while they continue to act as they do. Taking work before it is ready and still being tested is just wrong in my eyes.

Hope to see everyone on track and more importantly lets have a great night of racing!!

Edited by drumbstick

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..