Laptimes

Twisty

I've done a bit of searching and I know this has been asked before. There's mention of a site aswell but it's not there anymore when I try and click it. I'm just wondering what laptimes to aim for on tracks. Hoping to do my first meeting on Monday but don't want to be getting in peoples way. Thanks.

Edited by Twisty

I've done a bit of searching and I know this has been asked before. There's mention of a site aswell but it's not there anymore when I try and click it. I'm just wondering what laptimes to aim for on tracks. Hoping to do my first meeting on Monday but don't want to be getting in peoples way. Thanks.

When it comes to lap times, they really don't mean much.. For example my fastest F2 time in practice is a 13.428 whereas my personal best for a race is a 13.510 (which was probs a lap where I had no traffic at all) If you can do anything between 13.4 to 14.0 consistently you will be perfectly fine in all honesty. The track is more about consistency than lap times. The server will be open all weekend so I would suggest popping in when you can to see who's about practising.

Don't worry about being in the way! We all have to start from the bottom and work our way up. I would strongly suggest racing, and if your feeling like your in the way you can always pull wide and rejoin the back of the pack just to get some laps under your belt. Confidence will only come with experience.

Setup wise, you will be needing a 4.12 diff, with around 8,500/8,600 rev limit. Otherwise I can only suggest reading the following stuff to build a setup around you! www.uksom.co.uk/setupguide This will give you a general idea as to what does what on your setup, however the default setup IS a setup and is designed as a base to work on, so as a novice 1 or 2 personal tweeks to that may help you get you going.

Look forward to seeing you on track soon! If you need any help tarmac wise there are various posts on this forum, on the UKSOM site and of course the UKSOM facebook page

www.uksom.co.uk

>> UKSom facebook group <<

Edited by Wardieee

Cheers for that Wardie. It's just good to have a time to aim for. Last night I was doing 15second laps, now I'm down to comfortable 14.3s so I'm not far off. Will have a good read through the setup guide later today and see if we can get it down to below 14.

There will be a few guys in and out of the server all weekend and i know how you feel as im quite new to but everyone here is really helpful, it might be a good idea for you to download teamspeak cos a few of us go in there most race meetings and also in most evenings where we just chat and can also help a little more cos its easier then typing all the time lol

Massive thanks guys, i'm now hitting 14.0/13.9s regularly with a fastest lap of 13.7 so im well chuffed! Done a few practise rolling lap into race scenarios aswell and i'm managing 20+ laps without spinning so it's just what happens with a full grid now...looking forward to it though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..