Guest Simonpvfc

Guest Simonpvfc

Just downloaded rfactor & practising with F1 at moment using keyboard for now but can't get a set up that keeps car in a straight line down straights or even turning in on bends any set up tips or base set ups some one can give me or is the problem cuz I'm using keyboard don't really want go out & spend loads of money if can't get hang of the game cheers for any help

The F1's are hard to drive with a wheel, so being on keys is not the most ideal thing. They require a lot of throttle control which is very hard to get using keys, i would suggest buying a wheel before anything else as the setup would change (try turning the steering lock down though while on keys). Also take a look at this : http://uksom.tumblr.com/setupguide The more laps you do the more idea you will get of how the cars handle.

Edited by Benchambers800

Tbh mate it is going to be really difficult to use a keyboard because you don't have any precision with it especially on rFactor, it would be a fair bit easier if you even used an xbox controller or something.

Guest Simonpvfc

To be honest I used to race brisca heat years ago just fancied having a play with rfactor dont even no if will have time race in league just wanted give it a try not got play station or Xbox or anything just unsure if it's worth spending loads of money on a wheel for occasional use but since getting the game every spare second I get I have another go trying do at least 5 laps without crashing !!

m8 you can I my old wheel for 25 pounds m8 thrustmaster red limited edition pm if you want it m8

now use a g27

is this simon from 15 yrs ago ;)

Edited by Spike

Guest Simonpvfc

Hi spike, yes it is me just fancied having a little dabble again & loving this rfactor just so hard get used to it even harder than real racing !! Have let you no over wheel cuz we live no where near each other so dunno how would be able pick it up

Guest Simonpvfc

Thanks for the offer spike but just been a car boot & picked a steering wheel up for £5 so will use that practise on for now, only problem is I installed the ministox mod have a go of that & now can't get back into F1 is there anyway of creating separate folders so can use all the mods as I've had to delete it all & reinstall just to get F1 back on ?

Click customize on the home screen then player and click the button on the left of the mod you are using and it should bring up all of the mods you have installed, then select the one you want.

Guest Simonpvfc

Thanks for that Reece knew I should of asked before deleting & reinstalling it all still can't get an F1 in a straight line with wheel but ministox & F2 going ok, is there anywhere that does free practise online without paying as not ready ruin everyone else's racing yet !

Edited by Simonpvfc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..