Game skipping?

BWP

Hello people,

I am having a problem when playing Brisca heat offline.

I have End it all (version 1.0.0.33) and run that before playing the game.

once into a race it starts skipping, I think the problem is that MSN starts up after being closed before hand.

I have ended MSN in 'windows task manager' and returned to the game where the same happens with MSN starting up once again.

I have tried what MOR surrgeusted in a similar thread about not rushing the game when it loads but I still end up with the same problem.

Any ideas chaps?

Is there any other programmes that might still be running other than MSN that could cause the problem or any other software to close programmes running in the background?

Thx in advance.

(Im on XP)

Hi, I assume you mean MSN Messenger..if you are closing it in the taskbar then maybe you have some options ticked that allows it to restart it.

I've attached a pic with my options on, make sure you haven't got the auto start up when connected to the internet ticked, should solve it.

[attachmentid=2981]

End it all isnt really that necessary for offline use, its more handy for racing online where you dont want any other programs messing with your internet connection which leads to warp.

Cheers

Grasser#233

(ps you havent got any bonnet, back and shale wing pics of the 490 taylor F1 handy by any chance  wink.gif )

post-42-1124213243.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Back again,

I done as Grasser suggested and that seemed to work but the skipping has returned, any other ideas?

MSN messenger is still starting itself up after being closed and shut down for sure with enditall/windows task manager.

Boxes still un-ticked as picture posted above................. shrug.gif

Thx.

Hi again, I cant see how msn messenger is still running if you have it all un-ticked.

There's a crap version called Windows Messenger which you get with windows, that might have some stuff ticked if you have a look on that version...there should be a shortcut on your "all programs" list in the start menu. Have a look at that and see if that is set to start on startup

Cheers

Grasser#233

Edited by Grasser233

Hi again, I cant see how msn messenger is still running if you have it all un-ticked.

There's a crap version called Windows Messenger which you get with windows, that might have some stuff ticked if you have a look on that version...there should be a shortcut on your "all programs" list in the start menu. Have a look at that and see if that is set to start on startup

Cheers

Grasser#233

Yeah you are right Grasser, Windows Messenger is whats causing the problem not MSN as I first through.My mistake.

I checked the start up boxes and they are un-ticked as are the MSN as instructed before.

I dont use Windows Messenger as I have MSN so I could just delte it couldnt I?

Just tried playing the game again but WM starts up about the same time you start a race, I came out of the game and closed it in task manager and went to play again - repeat 4 times!!  3.gif

Yeah you are right Grasser, Windows Messenger is whats causing the problem not MSN as I first through.My mistake.

I checked the start up boxes and they are un-ticked as are the MSN as instructed before.

I dont use Windows Messenger as I have MSN so I could just delte it couldnt I?

Just tried playing the game again but WM starts up about the same time you start a race, I came out of the game and closed it in task manager and went to play again - repeat 4 times!!  3.gif

Try having a look Here it has a link to a program which should disable Windows Messenger.

Hi, In Windows Messenger theres an option to sign in automatically with Your NET Passport...Even if you have all the other stuff unticked if its set to sign in with your NET passport as the default e mail address used to sign in it will attempt to sign in no matter what on start up. Just make sure that its not on default to your msn account ie NET passport as this is usually the default for MSN as well

Cheers

Grasser#233

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..