multiplayer problem

AlecTPR

I've got a minor problem in that when I run the multiplayer option of heat and then select my name from the list of drivers (that is in the drivers.txt), it then flicks back to the same screen to select a driver.

Im on Windows XP Pro, network is running fine as I can see my other PC on the network.

The same problem occurs in another Heat game.

Disabled firewall and everything I can think of.

Just wondering if anybody else has seen this happen?  shrug.gif

many thanks in advance

hmm.

With Windows Explorer, go to your program files\hasbro interactive folder, right click on the Nascar Heat folder, choose "properties" and look for the "read only" tick box, and click it until the tick goes away completely. Click on "Apply" and the next screen should say "You have chosen blah blah" And the option "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" should be chosen. Click on "OK". Click OK again.

I'm suggesting this as I'm guessing there's a problem with writing data to config files in your installation of the game, but it's just a guess.

Edited by JohnMid

Guest Scrapman53

I used to get that on Win ME when I disabled something in end it all. Can't remember what it was but I just went through all the progs in end it all and padlocked one at a time until I found the one that was causing it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..