Broad Band Connection.

Ranny

A few weeks ago my broad band connection stopped connecting. Brought my old pc back from work and it connected straight away. Formatted my new pc and lo and behold get same problem.

Broad band provider reckons its a corrupt file on my windows disc, is this likely?. Would I get the same problem occuring on my operating system after nearly 2 years and on my windows disc, which has never been used before?

Advice appreciated.

Cheers

Ranny

ps Prob comes up as not being able to find username or password on the domain and its a Wanadoo connection.

Could be a number of things.

I would have put your networkd card (if its not a usb connection).  USB ports can also go faulty though.

It is a usb connection but doesn't work in any of the 6 sockets, which all work with other perpehirals.

Cheers

Ranny

Its a wanadoo usb modem and is working on my old computer at the moment.

My old comp is an athlon 1400 (Real), 512mb ram, geforce 3 graphics.

My new ish comp is an athlon 3200, 1024mb ddr400 ram and a 256mb geforce 5600 graphics.

Both are running windows XP.

I can get another copy of windows xp (legally lol), so I suppose it worth re-formatting and trying again but I don't feel very confident about it.

At the moment old computer is travelling back and forth from work each day so expecting something to go wrong with it soon.

Cheers

Ranny

Maybe try for the sake of it with another XP disk, if that fixes it i will be surprised. 

When you format a machine your USB doesn't work without the right drivers.  They usually come on the Motherboard disk.  Like i say i ain't the biggst fans of modems going through USB but i have setup a couple of wanadoo modems with no problems.

Could you provide as much detailed info about the problem as you can?

Like:

When you plug the modem in by USB, does anything come up in the system tray so say it has been recognised?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..