Network Issue

davieg663

Guys,

Looking for a wee bit of help here........

I used to be able to host races on my server......

This used to be done on my PC that has Windows98se on it. I then purchased a new PC and this had XP on it when I purchased it.

I then set up a wireless network. The router is connected to the PC with Windows 98se on it. Whenever I race online or try to host a server, I have disconnected the PC with XP on it from the network.

Have I probably set up a firewall by setting up the network ??? Is there a way to disable this on my windows98se system....

If you need any more information or feel you know what the problem is... please advise. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!

Cheers,

Davie G

If you're hosting over the internet you'll need to allow, and forward the ports required from the router to the specific PC that's hosting the races.

Different routers have different ways of doing this- for example on my Netgear, I have to create a "Service" and state whether it's TCP or UDP (both are required for some things, so I have to make two services) set the port range, and then use the firewall rules to always allow these services to send/receive data, and to send them on to a certain IP address (that of my PC).

It might be with more than one PC attached, the router doesn't know which one to forward incoming data to.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, look up the manual or guide for your router model on the internet and read about how to set up port forwarding.

Then you find out what port Nascar Heat uses from someone on here and then it's pretty simple from there.

Or post your router model and we will give you an idiots guide wink.gif

If you have a netgear router, I might be able to, but all I can find on Nascar Heat ports is port 2001 and that might not be the be all and end all (I'd expect UDP on another port for the actual game data while racing).

I spent a fair bit of the weekend looking through all the Heat sites I could find with no joy. It's annoying because I thought this was all mentioned in a text file with one of the Heat patches (but not the latest, by the looks).

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..