msn 7.5

jamesy

no probs with it here msn has been playing up for a few days tho i dont think the above probs are due to 7.5 i couldnt sign in at all on version 7 as albertz can varify as i foned him to ask if his was ok which it was

• 4 weeks later...

I have got the problem which Jamesy had, i cant connect to MSN and it says ''The service is to busy''. I use AOL 9.0 2mb BB through a Netgear wireless router.

But its always to busy whether its day or night so i dont beleive that load of bull...!!

Anyway, ive tried the repair option on the download, i have uninstalled and reinstalled msn, have tried running an older version but always get the same message.

Could it be something to do with the router, i.e having a built in firewall?? If so does anyone know a way to turn it off??

Any help would be appreciated

Dazza

I have got the problem which Jamesy had, i cant connect to MSN and it says ''The service is to busy''. I use AOL 9.0 2mb BB through a Netgear wireless router.

But its always to busy whether its day or night so i dont beleive that load of bull...!!

Anyway, ive tried the repair option on the download, i have uninstalled and reinstalled msn, have tried running an older version but always get the same message.

Could it be something to do with the router, i.e having a built in firewall?? If so does anyone know a way to turn it off??

Any help would be appreciated

Dazza

i had dead the same prob i am useing same gear as u aswell seems like it mite be the routers  i have gone back to msn 7 works alrite but would like to up to date so plz help

ta tilly

Ive a netgear router also and the same problem.

I uninstalled msn 7.5 and signed onto windows messenger, then got a message saying "theres a newer version available , click here to download " or a similar message.

still has problems sometimes, but it seems to work when i press enter to sign in, not click with the mouse  shrug.gif

Now all works fine,

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Scott

Edited by knobby_536

Netgear router will also be a firewall, unless you've set it to forward all traffic for UDP and TCP for all ports to your PC, or put your PC in the 'DMZ', chances are there's some traffic not getting through. I wonder if it's something Microsoft are doing. Windows Media Player won't get CD info anymore for me until I sort out my port forwarding.

Well i have had a look at my Router settings, and it doesnt say that the firewall is turned on.

Yet i still cant sign into Msn 7.5. The only other MSN i have is 4.0 and it says it is to old!!

Has anyone got MSN 6.0 or 7.0 install file they could put up (im taking that is legal, seeing as its a free service anyway?)

Much appreciated

Dazza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..