matey wid a problem

gb junior

helo my mate has all the ukdirt banger stuff uses it on his laptop wid a wireless network card, but he cannot get into anyones server just waits and waits until it says host did not respond, he has it set on the LAN icon works fine for me banghead2.gif

frustrating for him because he wants to start up the leagues  thumbup.gif

any idea,??? scared15.gif

by the way, the wireless network car is linked up to a linksys bband router  unsure.gif  does tht help

thnkyou

dom 356 042.gif

Edited by gb junior

probably wrong but i think some people have had probs before if they are running SP2

other than that seems a bit odd if he's disabled his firewall

once again don't know if this'll do anything at all but try adjusting his security levels for internet access    shrug.gif

adjusting his security levels for internet access ??  

wot do you meen by this, we really want to crack this problem as he is dead bored of comp cars roddin and ploddin along  wink.gif

any more pleaseeeeee

thnks for replys soo far  king.gif

You may have to check that both Windows Firewall, and any additional firewall (such as ZoneAlarm) is disabled.

Through a router, you should be able to connect to internet Heat servers without any further messing. In order to host over the internet, you'll need to configure your router's firewall rules to both allow incoming traffic on the correct ports, UDP and TCP (and I don't know the ports Heat uses, but someone should) and to forward traffic coming in through those ports to the internal IP address of the actual computer doing the hosting. So for example, setting a rule that any UDP data coming through port 20000 (made up port number) gets forwarded to 192.168.0.2, or whatever the PC's IP address is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..