how do you find your own IP addy?

vivadave

I *think* going into the command prompt (type "cmd" into the start menu run box) and typing

ipconfig /all

should give you your IP addresses- you'll have two if you're behind a router- one will be 192.168.blah.blah. That's your internal LAN (local area network) address, and is no use to anyone on the internet. The other will be your WAN (wide area network) address, and that's the address that other people on the internet will use to talk to your network.

If you're plugged straight into a modem, you should have one address- it shouldn't begin with 192.168

i dont find mine out that that thats just hard work

i no on my Network Places then View network connections then click Local Area Connection 2 1 time only then on the left shut show it if u scroll down a bit shud av IP Address: **.***.***.*** (*) being the numbers  thumbup.gif

Edited by Brano5

i no on my Network Places then View network connections then click Local Area Connection 2 1 time only then on the left shut show it if u scroll down a bit shud av IP Address: **.***.***.*** (*) being the numbers  thumbup.gif

Any chance of translating that into english?

Any chance of translating that into english?

You could always just have a look at my signature....  042.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..