Keybord? Game Pad?

Rikard

Iv just started racing, im currently using a key bord,

what the best controller to use, keybord? game pad? steering wheel?

what can you recomend anything to try to improve my racing skill  thumbup.gif

Rikard

Edited by Rikard

Steering wheels are great fun and very realistic.....errr or rather I thought they were, but Crasher says they are nothing like the real thing, and he should know because he used to drive an F1 stcokcar all over the track, literally.  king.gif

Still the best option in my book. 042.gif

Steering wheels are great fun and very realistic.....errr or rather I thought they were, but Crasher says they are nothing like the real thing, and he should know because he used to drive an F1 stcokcar all over the track, literally.  king.gif

Still the best option in my book. 042.gif

ahhhhhhhhh now i know why al drives like he does scared15.gif  rofl.gif

I use keys...I always have done since I got the game, or since I first got destruction derby for the PC, and the default keys...Got used to them on that game, so brought it over to Heat...Works a treat ish...

Tried changing to PS2 pad, and Wheel, but couldn't get used to them after using keys for so long...

I use a pad, Logitech Wingman Rumble Pad....it's a good pad lasted well even when thrown against the wall it still comes back for more, about three years it's lasted. shrug.gif

Also got an adapter to use the ps2 pad but seems less sensitive than the other one I have, but maybe just needs to be setup better than it is at the moment...

Munster.

• 2 weeks later...
I use keys...I always have done since I got the game, or since I first got destruction derby for the PC, and the default keys...Got used to them on that game, so brought it over to Heat...Works a treat ish...

Tried changing to PS2 pad, and Wheel, but couldn't get used to them after using keys for so long...

Same here, i still play Destruction Derby 2 on PC, a timeless master piece checkeredflag.gif when it came out i was young at the time and it was the first racer i had on PC, so i got used to the default keys using A to accelerate and Z to brake and arrow keys to steer, i still haven’t come across another game that uses the same so i have to change them all to what i grew up with rolleyes.gif

Its better than only using the arrow keys plus it means you don't get RSI so bad in one hand biggrin.gif

controller, feel as if im in more control, you can sit back relax and race otehr than up against the keyborad gettin confused which buttons which rofl.gif

using a controller for me meens easier handlin the f2s/briscas are  thumbup.gif

Edited by gb junior

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..