Windows XP locked background problem

Dragon 428

Having encountered and got rid of the virus that struck my PC on friday it seems that I am not able to change my background of my desktop anymore.

I can go in the optione menu for the screen without problems but as soon as I get into the background options, nothing can be clicked on and the buttons seem to be locked. The options from all the other stuff like resolution etc. work fine.

Any idea how to solve it?

Dragon

Having encountered and got rid of the virus that struck my PC on friday it seems that I am not able to change my background of my desktop anymore.

I can go in the optione menu for the screen without problems but as soon as I get into the background options, nothing can be clicked on and the buttons seem to be locked. The options from all the other stuff like resolution etc. work fine.

Any idea how to solve it?

Dragon

Dont know if it will work but try this

at the Start > Run prompt type gpedit.msc

then find your way to User Config > Admin Templates > Desktop > Active Desktop > Active Desktop Walpaper - Then Disable it

Tried it an worked a treat Jarry but.........

When in the background options again I can now select a different background (browing it) but I can't select it. The menu doesn't add it to the list of standard XP backgrounds. It looks like my excisting background is "locked" into the standard background and I can only change the background my giving the new background the same file name as the current one (hope this makes sence)

Dragon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..