Keeps Crashing when loading

Guest johnson_n20

Guest johnson_n20

Last week I bough NASCAR Heat, and the Short Circuit Add on's. I installed the orginal NASCAR Heat fine and it worked, but then messed up the Add on's installation, so I deleted both parts, since i have tryed to re-install the NASCAR heat, and now it won't work, it gets to thank a couple of familys, and then just crashs every time, running it off the disk or PC, and I have made sure I have removed the program. I run Windows XP, any assistance would be welcomed

Cheers

Nige

I just want to race (bored with the closed season)

Hi Nige,

First things first, delete the Nascar Heat folder inside the Hasbro Interactive folder in 'program files'

Install nascar heat (use the setup option to run from HD - the 260mb option) - check it works

Install the 'no-cd' multipatch - check the game runs without the cd

install the 1.72e patch - check the game says 1.72e in the corner of the single player/multiplayer first screen

install a mod from the add-ons disc - check it works

let me know from there ...... Wrighty

hmmmmmm don't sound right - if you're getting an error log from the game (a notepad document) please post it here.

also, when using the patches and mod files from the add-ons disc, i would recommend you drag/copy the files from the CD to your desktop and install them from the desktop - this does NOT apply to the Nascar Heat disc, only the add-ons

let us know about the nascar heat error log (if any) please ........ PW

Guest johnson_n20

I don't get an error log, as it just locks up and crashes, before its even loaded. And no matter how long I leave it I can't do anything but turn the computor off. I am really lost.

Guest johnson_n20

I cannot look throught the old forum at work, as its restricted for some reason, so I will have a look when I get home, and I await furhter instructions. And cheers

Nige

I remembered something that might be of use - i have had the 'black screen' once that i recall and i seem to remember that the game was being 'hung' by my firewall awaiting clearance to allow the game to access the internet - if your firewall allows 'trusted' applications, go into your documents and settings area from C: (you may have to unhide files) and allow heat.bin as a trusted program (do a search to see if it is already on the machine - i think its in a temp folder in documents and settings)

hope this helps ......... Wrighty

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..