Volvo 440 ?

sashjag

I would say 440s would be reasonable cars to use, being built by Volvo, they should be reliable and safe enough. But, the drivers should be careful not to take too much weight out of them.

I know Basher Broad's mechanic took one to a Boneshaker at Westworld, where it survived and Basher took it to Smeatharpe.

Basher actually survived a heavy two car follow in from 108 Steve and 170 Dave Brown to get the car back out for more later in the meeting. So would imagine they are fairly hard little motors?

well just look whats wrote on side of car... the sort of people who race them........... and the engines around the wrong way

:rofl: Crewie is abit of a silly boy!

Remeber that Sierra estate you took to Boneshaker and 734 Hooper accidentally doored you! Dont say anything nasty about him either, he's my neighbour and also my brother works with him!

Also, whatever happened to the Mk5 Cortina you had, the purple one which you raced at Smeatharpe when it rained all day? Cant remember if you wrecked it or not??

What Dazza, this one

IPB Image

IPB Image

If my memory serves me, that was a combination of Kev, and If I remember rightly, Noon in a RWD bluey!

My hand got wedged between the door pillar and the steering wheel as they both hit me and Kev caved the side of the car in. :rofl:

Sadly, I gave the cortina to someone when I jacked racing, and the cheeky git sold it on.

That reminds me, hes still got my good H frame! :blink:

Edited by mcrew

wot year was it you raced the 340? what boney?

It mustve been back in 2001. Im sure that it was at boneshaker 2.

I remember that one of the scrutineers wouldnt pass me, as he said that it was a 2ltr, so I got a paddy on and drove it out on the track and wouldnt move it till Eddy had a look at he. He took one look at it and passed it straight away.

After giving a warlord several big T-bones, I turned it round and gave a capri a head on and that killed the poor thing off.

I rated it, well for a piece of bilge.

If the engine was right up to the slam panel i.ei no room, then it was a 2ltr

Wish i could find photos from the old boneys and blockies!

Eddy just checked the prop shaft, or is it torque tube on them things?

I cant remember how to tell the difference now, a few years of sleep depravation and alcohol abuse have taken their toll on my memory. :shrug:

Only pics I have got are the ones Ive posted, so I cant help you there.

Thing there all them torque probs on 340's, anywho, any1 got photos they can post up :thumbup:

I havnt got any pics but wellbent website has..>>> this is the fresh cars page... http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/p...6-97C451DD68B8}

and this is the wreckspage>>>> notice 592 Marc Merchants crown wreck..>> http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/p...0-DED813E5CDB2}

Hope this helps??

332-SashJag

Edited by sashjag

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..