Tombo RCE 2006

Simon31

Nice skin mate, looks ace!

as you say Dragon, you have asked not to put any renders on the forum or internet anymore.. if you want to do it just keep it for yourself.. and if someone says your always moaning.. you arent.. and what you say is true.. you have asked in the other treat not to do.. and they do.. keep up the good work mate :thumbs_up:

oh and keep up the good work to the guy who made the skin..!!

Cheers,

RvB

I'm with Dragon here, always been polite to me, helped me tons over the past 3 years ive been here and esspecially the last few months with modelling. I'm sure Dragon didn't do render when he was 13, probably because the best piece of technology about then was an atari, and I bet he kicked ass at space invaders.

The thing is Sparky, i want to see you do a faultless model. there are things that needed to be done for a model to be as accurate as possible in game. I know the db515 has some dodgey shape in places, and is abit more offset in real life, but the important thing is to get the main shape right, and portray the car. If people can instally recognise the car, without it having a real life skin on it, then it has been a success. I hope I have achieved this with the db515 and both the witts chassis, but thats for everyone else to decide. And as far as I'm concerned, the RCE looks exactly how it should. Without treading over old ground, you still don't really have anything to your name, for you to be slagging other peoples models off. I hope Dragon is first at picking out little minor details on any chassis you produce.

And back to the point, top skin Sim, your skills have really improved in a short space of time and I'm very impressed :thumbup:

Just my point of view

Cheers MoR

Don't really post on this section or comment on other peoples skins or renders but this one has grabbed my attention for all the wrong reasons.

firstly it is a very good skin from Si keep up the good work

secondly it took me three reads to get what people are meaning, if you want to get a valid point across then write it in a manner that is legible to the reader.

thirdly it seems that on many occasions posts of skins and renders are accompanied with a request for comments on what they think and more times than not a positive reaction is given to some excellent work but increasingly if a criticism is pointed out then the amount of backlash received can be classified as a form of verbal abuse. If people want opinions on there work then they should be able to take valid criticism as well as the glory.

Its getting to the stage now that as long as you've got your name on the post of the latest render of the latest car on the flashiest floor then hero status has been achieved and just sit back and enjoy the praise, even if it can be considered to be mediocre and not giving any justice to the work done.

I think this is the point that Dragon is putting across, correct me if I'm wrong please, too many people are not taking any time or pride in their work as far as detailing is concerned and poor quality rendering is the result.

This is not showing the cars as the should rightly be potraide,as works of art, and it is not suprising that the attitude of 'it's mine and your not getting it' has resulted.

I, as will many others, think that anyone who has taken the time to enhance the world of UK Dirt deserves all the respect and every ounce of praise they get.

Tombo good your able to render at 13 well done m8. an extra 10 minutes getting the right wheels in the right place to show off the skin to its maximum potential would have been time well spent :- helpful tip no 1 (sorry for the sarcasm)

p.s. think the language from the self named non-mature people on this forum is getting a bit out of hand

Edited by Jarry164

Jarry, you have hit the nail on the head m8 and I couldn't have said it any better. That's the perfect explanation of what the whole fuss is about.

Ah Sparky my little boy. It's just so funny to read what you write down that it gives me even more energy to put a reply down (and hope you reply to it).

I said it before and will do again. I have never pretended that my models are 100% perfect in comparison to the real life cars. You as a "modeler wannabe" should know that it's impossible to get a copy of a real life car exactly the same in the game. This because we are stuck to the wheel base and tracking from the cars. This defines the size of the general shape of the car as well (have a good think about that one before you reply and maybe, just maybe you'll understand what I am saying, though I doubt it). Yes you can chance it to match the real life car, but it would mean changing the physics and that way creating a car that might be better or worse to drive then any other car, and that's not the idea behind the cars used for the league.

Like Travel says, the RCE model isn't based on Gordon Moodie's 2006 car so there is no way you can compare those two.

You are right about the empty spaces, but you are wrong that it's essential stuff for the car. Essential stuff for the car is getting the general shape right, making sure that the scoop is fitted on a car, shape and position of a fuel tank, those are essential stuff. A missing gap inside of the car doesn't change the shape of the car and it's recognition that it's a Higgy, Randall etc. etc.

I am not shooting the kid down, I just say that the render is awefull.

Dragon

I'm sorry dragon mate but as I always do, I have to disagree, would an f2 be allowed to race without those parts in the back of the car?, they would not, those parts to me, come before adding anny stupid fancy suspension that is not even necessary for online racing. I spent about 10 mins tonite, and imo, made the rce alot more realistic:S, it's as simple as that.

cheers

sparky

been reading this a in my opion its getting a bit silly,if you wanna start saying that you couldnt race it like that in real life then you can start bringing things up like wheres the harness,fire extinguser(cant spell lol) etc etc! i think that all the cars in the game look great f1's,2's,rods bangers etc and i think that people should be happy with what we have as if you do upset people like dragon,mor,dazza etc the models wont be there anymore and you'll be left with models that will not be half as good as what we have now!

just my opion not siding with dragon or sparky as both have good and bad points in there post's but hey this is about a skin and well done m8 looks great!(i thought renders were ok :S)

RODDER!

please dont have ago at me now ! :scared15::coffee:

i dont care any more what people think and i will not post pictures of any of dragons modles as i didnt know that but 1 thing i do have to say is sparkys changes to the f2 look very good :thumbup:

but any way thanks for your time on models and that dragon sorry to post renders :(

cheerz tombo

I'm sorry dragon mate but as I always do, I have to disagree, would an f2 be allowed to race without those parts in the back of the car?, they would not, those parts to me, come before adding anny stupid fancy suspension that is not even necessary for online racing. I spent about 10 mins tonite, and imo, made the rce alot more realistic:S, it's as simple as that.

cheers

sparky

Great stuff, a reply from you again.

With what you write above it just indicates how unaware you are of things.

You say that without the part you would like to see added to the car, the car wasn’t allowed to race in the real world. That could be very right. You say that the stupid suspension parts are not necessary for on-line racing, you are correct again. But then again seeing it through your eyes, it would mean that without the suspension parts, the car wouldn’t even be able to move it around in the garage in real world.

In fact, taking it to the extreme, why do we even put a wing, steering wheel, rollcage, undercarriage etc. etc on the model for the game? As that is also not necessary for on-line racing? You are trying to push me in the corner but you can’t even get your arguments right.

Lmao@ my adjusted RCE model. I can only assume that in those 10 minutes, you have partly remapped the car, made the LOD’s, (maybe even adjusted the template) and tested the car in the game. Oh wait, you wanted to add those 2 bars in the back of the car plus a number plate right? Ah yes that defiantly make the car 1000 times more realistic as it does is. Because currently people are doing their heads in guessing what F2 chassis it might be as it has zero reflection to a real life F2 chassis (is it a Randall, a Higgy, a DK build, damn I don’t know what it is). But wait, I saw the same model with an added numberplate and now I can see what it is, it’s a Bunter build........

Yes it’s so damn easy to adjust a model, makes you wonder why I don’t like it that people crack a .car file eh? I can hardly wait to see the adjusted RCE though as it’ll be an eye opener for me and maybe can learn from it what I am doing wrong.

Dragon (come on Sparky, I know you want to reply)

p.s. sorry to hijack the thread Tombo

How about instead of wasting so much time arguing the pro's and con's of what makes a good render and what doesn't and what makes a good model and what doesn't (which quite frankly are both down to individual opinion and could be argued until the end of time) Spend that time writing a little tutorial on how to do these things or even post a scene on here that people can use, it could include the model, the correct wheels a decent floor and be set up so that all someone needs to do is apply their skin and click render, that way you get perfect renders every time :shrug:

Nick thats sure the thing but the onle thing is, to get a different floor not a mirror you use brazil or something and i havent got a clue how to use it if any body can help me it would be great

cheerz tombo

You don't have to have the brazil plugin, I don't use it for my renders, if I get time and if nobody else does it before me, I'll try to write a quick explaination of what settings to use.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..