Graphics card help

Tricky88

Im looking to upgrade my graphics card as i have a GeForce mx440 at the moment and it is starting to struggle with games like toca 3 and i was wondering what you recommend . Im looking for a decent card but not a hardcore one ( and hardcore prices lol ) I really havent got a clue where to start so you computer bods input would be more than welcome . p.s is it easy to fit yourself :shrug:

This is taken from this months PC Format magazine's buyers guide section, I've not bothered with the 'money no object' list.

Sub £200

Top Spec

Sapphire X800 GTO2 £141

Asus N6800GT £180

Leadtek Winfast 6800 £120

Best buy

NVIDIA 6800GS £137

HIS X800GT IceQ2 Turbo £130

Radeon X800 GTO £127

Sub £100

Top Spec

Radeon X800GT £94

XFX 6600GT £94

Abit RX700 LE Guru £92

Best buy

Sapphire X700 £79

Forsa 6600 £75

XFX 6600 LE £56

Hopefully that'll give you some idea of what to look for.

Guest Scrapman53

A Geforce 6600gt is capable of running BF2 Aussie. Maybe not with the graphics turned up to the max, but it will make the game look good. Make sure you get an AGP slot card and not the newer PCI Express as this won't physically fit your motherboard.

PS. On the subject of BF2. How much memory does your PC have? The more the better for this game. Hope this helps m8.

I don't know much about Nvidia, im a Radeon man, if your going for powerful performance but not top top wack then any ATI card around 200 squid should be fine, make sure its got 250 meba bites of RAM on it, best not going for the cheaper copies as this may look the same and have the same amount of RAM but when Radeon lease out the tecknology they tend to water it down a bit

Also if your mother board isn't PCI express make sure you don't get a PCI express graphics card, (as Scrap man said) this may limit what top end card you can get as the latest ones over the last yeah have turned to PCI

I hope this helps a little

Rickard

Just about to buy that card myself £83

Good site HERE it's where i've got or will be getting most of my parts from...

Munster.

thanks guys i think ill get that one where you getting it from m8 for £ 83

thanks scrappy and pedz ill catch you on msn later m8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..