Tow trucks?

sashjag

I wound't have though so, it would be dangerous to bring it back if it was wrecked, cause the wheels may not be free to move round, or the body may drag on the road and damage the surface, also if the wheels are bent and buckled it may not tow in a striaght line, plus the wheels could fall off and wouldn't be that stable,

If the police saw they may hjave a word to, im sure you could attach a trailor to that truck though :thumbs_up:

Rikard

Someone used to tow their banger to Newton Abbot years ago, with a tow truck. It was great for a few meetings, until one night he got fenced heavily, and the car got completely wrecked. As the car ended up with no wheels touching the floor, he couldnt tow it home.

Someone used to tow their banger to Newton Abbot years ago, with a tow truck. It was great for a few meetings, until one night he got fenced heavily, and the car got completely wrecked. As the car ended up with no wheels touching the floor, he couldnt tow it home.

So what did he do with the car ?

cheerz 332-sashjag

So what did he do with the car ?

cheerz 332-sashjag

He followed my then boss, back to his garage, then he unloaded the bosses car off the transporter, raced back to the track with the transporter and got someone to hiab the car on for him. He had a late night that night, as he had to unload the truck as we used it for 24hr recovery and we needed it back, just incase.

Strange, that for the next meeting he aquired a trailer. :shrug:

Are you allowed to take a banger to a meeting on a tow truck like this one?

Cheerz 332-Sashjag

YOU MAY FIND IT HAS LEGAL IMPLICATIONS SASJAG?WHEN A CAR IS ON A SUSPENDED TOW LIKE THAT IT BECOMES A TRAILER,AND TRUST ME THE "OLD BILL" HAVE SOME FUNNY IDEAS ABOUT TRAILERS...ALSO THE TAXATION CLASS OF THE TOWING VEHICLE..IF THAT TRANNY IS TAXED AS A RECOVERY VEHICLE YOU CANNOT TOW A RACE CAR WITH IT!YOU CAN ONLY USE IT TO TOW BROKEN DOWN CARS..THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER RESTRICTIONS WITH RECOVERY TAXATION WHICH I COULD BORE YOU TO DEATH WITH.....BUT AS ITS SUNDAY AND MY DAY OFF...I WON'T BOTHER LOL.MICK

Edited by mad mick

I remember at a Hednesford domestic, there was a recovery wagon (e.g. tilt and slide) with the towing prong things on the back, like the tranny in the picture. One car was safely on the beavertail bit and the other was being towed with its back wheels along the floor. Not sure if it was legal and he probably only lived a few mins down the road.

Craig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..