Battlefield2

Hi there. a question for you Battlefield 2 players. i Just bought the game and have downloaded 1.21 incramental patch, 1.21 full patch and the 1.22 update. game plays fine offline but when i enter details for an online account and click ' Create Account' my game crashes :blink: . Does anyone know why this would be or is there anythink i need to change??. :shrug:

Cheers Dazza-289

Edited by Dazza_2005

• 2 weeks later...

could someone that has this game possible tell me the cheapest way to get it running spec wise and what i need and what is best for it.

thanks alot ,Andy

Its quite a high demanding game, i rember getting Battle Field 1942 on my PC, single player with max people turned the game it so a very slow slide show! but online it was ok,

Before you can think about what to upgrade post up your PC spec, mainly Processor and speed, Graphics card and how much RAM you have,

I had a great graphics card a processer but only 512 RAM, so the RAM was the week point and thats what you upgrade, but that depends on the age of the machine.

Rikard

Whats bot 3 or bot 4?? :blink:

Iv just looked at the specs of BF2 now, there very high,

Depending on how much money you have to spend, update your graphics card, or RAM, as a new top processor will be very expensive, best is to see what graphics card you have, to find out,

right click on empty desktop --> Properties --> Settings --> Advance -->

then, depending on what you have you should be able to see what you have got, post up here what you have,

The simplest (and depending on your system specs could be most effective in comparson to cost) way to upgrade your PC would be to add more RAM

Rikard

Edited by Rikard

errm, yours is different to mine then lol, when i do that it brings all the info about my graphics card,

to see you processer and system RAM,

go to the control pannel,

if your using the "clasic view" double click on "system" thats the PC with the tick on the moniter,

if your using the "catogory view" click performance and maintance --> then system,

The system properties should then pop up, make sure the "Genral" tab is highlighted, then take a screen shot and post it up here for us, then i can say what i recomend :thumbs_up:

Edited by Rikard

Try more RAM, youv got 512 at the moment, Battle Field requires 512 RAM minium, so try getting some more, maby adding another 512 to bring the total up to 1024, that would make an improvment, but how much is debateable, and weather its worth the difference for the Price.

If your looking at upgrading memory, be sure to check out this web site as its VERY useful

Also its worth waiting for other people to relpy, and read a few different opions, there are a few people on here that play Battle Field 2 a lot, like Pedz, looking at his score hes played it for just a little while lol

Rikard :thumbs_up:

Lo Andy,first thing is your pc looks like it runs onboard graphic :thumbs_down: and i say min of 1024 ram but need to see what speed your ram runs @ and if your motherboard will take a agp x8 graphic card

download THIS m8 and it will have a look at all your pc spec a and we will take it from there :thumbup:

TIP FOR ANYONE WISHES TO GET BF2 DOWNLOAD THE DEMO AND SEE IF THERE PC RUNS THE GAME :thumbup:

Edited by Pedz 212

Lo Andy,first thing is your pc looks like it runs onboard graphic :thumbs_down: and i say min of 1024 ram but need to see what speed your ram runs @ and if your motherboard will take a agp x8 graphic card

download THIS m8 and it will have a look at all your pc spec a and we will take it from there :thumbup:

TIP FOR ANYONE WISHES TO GET BF2 DOWNLOAD THE DEMO AND SEE IF THERE PC RUNS THE GAME :thumbup:

i found that out the hard way lol

errm,

have you read the Urgent Message pop up in your last screen shot?!?

also i can see youv got a nVidia G-Force 2, i used to have a G-Force 2 card and that struggled to run Batle field 1942!

Edited by Rikard

• 2 months later...

I hadn't played Battlefield 2 for a while, but i came back to it the other day and guess what? another patch has been released, typical, which means more downloading. Im only missing the latest patch, the 1.3 (i think) all the sites i have seen are for the complete patch, which is about 400 megabits, i only need the latest "top up" patch as i already have the 1.22.

I spent ages a few days ago waiting in a download queue, and when my turn came nothing happened which was very frustrating. I have tried searching many other sites for the 1.3 patch (which is 83 meg) Iv tried downloading it from the official Battlefield 2 website, but when i click on the link to download nothing happens. :banghead2:

Any help or advice would be really great :thumbup:

I hadn't played Battlefield 2 for a while, but i came back to it the other day and guess what? another patch has been released, typical, which means more downloading. Im only missing the latest patch, the 1.3 (i think) all the sites i have seen are for the complete patch, which is about 400 megabits, i only need the latest "top up" patch as i already have the 1.22.

I spent ages a few days ago waiting in a download queue, and when my turn came nothing happened which was very frustrating. I have tried searching many other sites for the 1.3 patch (which is 83 meg) Iv tried downloading it from the official Battlefield 2 website, but when i click on the link to download nothing happens. :banghead2:

Any help or advice would be really great :thumbup:

lo have you tried downloading from https://account.ea.com/commerce/main.jsp?ip...GB&curr=GBP u have to register but once thats done its easy to use

Edited by chris

I bought BF2 jus after it first came out, downloaded the first couple of pathces and then got very anoyed with it

My pc meets the minimum requirements and it shows cos when i join a server i get lagg/warp for about a minute then it settles down and plays normally.

Im a few patches behind and cant be bothered to download em...dnt play it anymore, i prefere Counter Strike

add me to steam friends if anyone has it ... London_Allstar

Iv just tried that Cris, but when i went to run it it wouldn’t run due to a script error or something, il try and get the patch of a friend via Flash drive or something.

Thanks for the suggestion though m8 :thumbup:

m8 dont download the 1.3 incramental its guffed get the full patch and london try upping ram to solve lag problem

Im not particulaly bothered about the lagg problem cos i never play it, the game itself is a bit poo i reckon ?

patch 1.3 is causing servers to crash and ea and dice have released a 1.4 beta patch and is being tested in various servers and reports are being posted on official forums. when they release the 1.4 patch a new map will be included. meantime try the mods im playing THIS ONE and its awesome

Poo?????????? I was totally addicted to BF2, playing it for about 5 months solid! Awesome game.

Same opinion here, great game.....been playing it for a while now and still just getting into the game really.

Still wanting to blow your head off Scrappy, where you been ?

Get back out on the battlefield soldier!

:thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..