Nascar Heat and DUAL core processors

swerve

hi. i keep having problems with crash logs when running online and sometimes offline, another member is also having the same sort of problems, the one thing we have in common is that we have dual core processors in our pc, could you let us know if you run a dual core proccessor in you pc and you are running nascar heat and mods without any problems, atleast that way we can dismiss the processor as being the problem. if it is the problem then more people are going to suffer as we all upgrade to dual core computing in the future.

thanks in advance for you info.

swerve

make sure heat is running on single core as i was reading something about it some where,i will see what mag it was in :thumbup:

For reference sake Pedz, could u just briefly tell me how i make sure that heat is running on single core please? My new PC is coming on thursday, which has a dual processor, so I just want to eliminate this if the problem does occur, rather han pulling my hair out at the fact i just wasted alot of money on a super duper pc to no avail. Lol.

Cheers MoR

ok heres how to close down one core. this needs to be done everytime. run game . hold down alt+tab. goes back to desktop. hold ctrl +alt+delete. task manager opens top left. click on processes, look down list for nheat.exe right click on it, then click on affinity, you will see core 0 and 1 ticked, just untick one. then close task manager . go to bottom of desktop and click back on game, which is still open running you can now play for the night but if you leave you need to go through this again.

there is a way to set up that you dont have to do this everytime, but i need to look into this a bit more. this way you tell pc to start that game with 1 core only everytime, im waiting for some help off another pc tech forum.

i would still like to hear about that article in that mag, pedz if you can find it.

cheers

swerve

im glad to hear your finaly being able to sourght out the problem :thumbup:

still not sure if it going to work though. :shrug::shrug:

i have spoke to a guy in the U.S he has same problems with his dual core pc. hopefully a patch or something could be made by the mod team, as this will cause more problems as people upgrade to dual core pc's

Dont know if this will help it was taken from an nVidia forum

Hi...

after playing PainKiller with this problem on my AMD X2, I was really put out by the whole experience. It's been so frustrating not to be able to play a game (or games) that costs quite a bit of money. It has taken a while to get this problem either fixed or find a work-around.

So much for a fix, we may see a day when nVidia releases a driver update to make things better, as I believe (at least in my case) DreamCatcher Games will not even reply to my emails let alone fix this problem with thier game.

So I settled for a work-around. I found this little utility (free) that allows me to run the game with 1 core. For some reason alt-tabbing to desktop while ingame and setting affinity to 1 core in TaskManager (as many have advised) had zero effect. It just didn't work.

So, if anyone wants to give this a go, head over here.....

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download870.html

try it out, and maybe give some feedback for us on how you make out. I, for one, was very happy to be able to finally play PainKiller again.

Good luck,

Bob

Dont know if this will help it was taken from an nVidia forum

Hi...

after playing PainKiller with this problem on my AMD X2, I was really put out by the whole experience. It's been so frustrating not to be able to play a game (or games) that costs quite a bit of money. It has taken a while to get this problem either fixed or find a work-around.

So much for a fix, we may see a day when nVidia releases a driver update to make things better, as I believe (at least in my case) DreamCatcher Games will not even reply to my emails let alone fix this problem with thier game.

So I settled for a work-around. I found this little utility (free) that allows me to run the game with 1 core. For some reason alt-tabbing to desktop while ingame and setting affinity to 1 core in TaskManager (as many have advised) had zero effect. It just didn't work.

So, if anyone wants to give this a go, head over here.....

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download870.html

try it out, and maybe give some feedback for us on how you make out. I, for one, was very happy to be able to finally play PainKiller again.

Good luck,

Bob

THANKS for showing me this welly, i gave it a try, but its only working when i launch and play nascar heat, its not letting me include the mods. you have to click on the nascar heat launcher. if i click on one of the mods launchers on desktop it just runs as it was with 2 cores running. cheers anyway

u may need say gd nite to the mod launcher m8 :thumbs_up: if it is ok when run thro normal shortcut then u will need to just run it like that then

but if i click on normal nascar launcher, then it plays nascar heat game. how do i get it to play a mod?

cheers

swerve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..