photoshop skin painting?

Nemesis239

hi all sorry for sounding a bit silly but im new to the skin painting world and im abit stuck wid a skin just wondering for a start what is rasterizing? any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

cheers

steve

I may be wrong but i think it is if you change the colour of a text you won't be able to edit it further after it has been rasterized. if you want to change the colour in photoshop go to: layers>layer style>colour overlay. Then click on the box that is coloured choose your colour. Hope that helps. :thumbs_up:

In photo shop as you know you can create different editable things like shapes and text,

take text for an example,

In my case if i create a new layer and use the typing tool to type "Rikard" i can de select it and go work on somthing else, but i can come back to the text layer casue its saved as a text, so you can high light the text and continue to use the editing tools, like highlighting and changing the font, size and style.

What ever you do you can come back to the text part and still edit everything and its saved as a text.

If you "rasterizing" the layer the text is no longer recogised as text by photoshop anymore, but insted as a picture insted, so then you can edit the image in different ways.

But warning, once you have "rasterizing" a layer, you can't convert it back, as in you can't re-change the text style or font using the text editer,

hopfully some of this makes sence lol

Best thing is to just experement, thats how i found out things :thumbs_up:

Rikard

Edited by Rikard

Good looking for first try with photoshop. Very tricky programme to get use to ..

Skin looks Great IMO.

try www.marcsbangers.com and at bottom off home page is a skin painting guide and other bits using photoshop..

Cheers Dazza-289

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..