uk-dirt for Dummies

:blink: Hi all - As a new member I`m finding everything here an interesting learning curve.

A couple of things I would like to ask. ... I`ve got onto the Mirc chat O.K. yesterday (got slapped by a Trout from Mick222 :o )...When are chat 2 and 3 used ?? I have downloaded all the available skinpacks but have found that in :- Unlimited & Nationals and in f1200 no cars appear `cos there are no drivers listed in the driver.txt file also there`s only one wolzy in Pre68`s :shrug:

I assume that I can use a novice car listed, if its in the correct class, and book into a coming meeting until I can get all my skins sorted and uploaded ?

Cheers Biffo :042:

Biffo (the bear?)

Mirc chat rooms 2 and 3 are only used in case of a problem with the main chat room. I believe there was a case at some point early last year that one of the other chat rooms were used but its very unusual so don't worry about them.

Got no idea about the bangers but for F1's and F2's when u download the game there will only be the novice skins available to use.

There are some F1 and F2 drivers text's kicking around in those forums which you can download and put into the game for offline play-use the search option in the control panel for those.

Generally, you will be allowed to practise and do the meetings in a "novice skin" if you've paid your JOLT fee's.

Watch out for the skin pack deadlines for any of the formula's that you want to race in as you will need to upload your skin to get it included.

Biffo (the bear?)

Mirc chat rooms 2 and 3 are only used in case of a problem with the main chat room. I believe there was a case at some point early last year that one of the other chat rooms were used but its very unusual so don't worry about them.

Got no idea about the bangers but for F1's and F2's when u download the game there will only be the novice skins available to use.

There are some F1 and F2 drivers text's kicking around in those forums which you can download and put into the game for offline play-use the search option in the control panel for those.

Generally, you will be allowed to practise and do the meetings in a "novice skin" if you've paid your JOLT fee's.

Watch out for the skin pack deadlines for any of the formula's that you want to race in as you will need to upload your skin to get it included.

:thumbup: Thanks for the info m8 (still trying to get used to text lingo) I forgot to mention I`ve only downloaded the banger skins - nothing else yet. Had loads of trouble with a new computer from P.C.World freezing up, forever using recovery disks and losing everything so put most of the uk-dirt files onto disks to save me time loading them back again. Finally got another one out of them, this time with Pentium 4 chip, so far so good. Yes I have paid up my Jolt fees and due to the previous computer problems I`ve only managed to book into one banger meet only to have to cancel . Did try to get into a Banger practice but found 64 persons there ? So I guess it wasn`t a good time? :shrug: Have to try again.

Biffo seemed a good name for Banger racing and yes I remember Biffo the Bear too.

I raced Bangers for real a few years back and had a go with Superstox (one season only) The original owner of the fibre-glass bodywork on the Superstox was Biffo Sweeney who raced with his more famous brother Todd now immortalised in Corgi Rockets...so there`s another connection.

Thanks again :2:

Biffo 720

Hi

In bangers u have to enter your own drivers text but for the unlimateds sumbody has kindy made it UNLIMATED DRIVERS TEXT HERE

and the other skinpack u will have to try and make your self

Thanks

Gazmo

:042: Thanks for the Download Gazmo

The game works a treat with some cars to choose from. Must get a move on painting up my banger skins as I`ve paid all my Jolt fees .

CHEERS :thumbs_up:

Biffo 720

Did a search, and found a drivers text for F2's but cant find one for F1's :(

:thumbs_up: Thanks anyway m8

I forgot to mention that I`d only downloded the Banger skins.

:2: Biffo 720

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..