uk-dirt for Dummies

:banghead2: O.k. It`s like this....I find Banger practice is today on jolt 2, take note of P/W and shut down almost everything. Enter Multiplayer and grab a Novice Capri on the way through.

Enter ISDN enter IP and get the Multiplayer screen. According to the guide "it will tell you how many players are in the server, and how many can join" :coffee: so far so good...

Long grey bar at top of screen shows:-

64 0/24 OPEN BANGERS (F2 8-10) :shrug:

As the first number changes from 32 to 64 and back it`s either the number of players (or my ping number?)

0/24 must be the number of players the server can take per race ..

Open means it open?

Bangers is the formula.

(F2 8-10)....no idea??

guide continues" click on it."... couldn`t find anything that would click.... " and press connect, this will take you to the lobby of the server and you will see the other players".

After giving the password there was only me there but I pressed Approve anyway and sat looking at a yellow light for fifteen minutes..??

Could somone enlighten me how this works as teddy has just had another leg ripped off him!

:coffee:

Regards

Biffo720

Long grey bar at top of screen shows:-

64 0/24 OPEN BANGERS (F2 8-10) :shrug:

As the first number changes from 32 to 64 and back it`s either the number of players (or my ping number?)

0/24 must be the number of players the server can take per race ..

Open means it open?

Bangers is the formula.

(F2 8-10)....no idea??

OK - 64 - thats your ping number

0/24 - tells you that there is 0 people in the server at this time, and can hold 24 people.

OPEN - this shows you that you can join in, and race the next race - changes from Open, to Ready, and Racing. Ready being when everyone has approved and the lights go green for them to click go race.

Bangers, tells you that it is bangers in jolt on this day, but F2 between 8 and 10 as there is a meeting between those times.

guide continues" click on it."... couldn`t find anything that would click.... " and press connect, this will take you to the lobby of the server and you will see the other players".

seems you cracked it - click on it so it highlights - sometimes, if you enter another ip immediatly after it, it can show more than 1 server, only then will you notice the difference when you click on it, but when the info shows up, its automatically highlighted.

Once you click connect, you would have been prompted for the password that you then entered.

You then entered the lobby - you clicked approve -thats correct - however, in order to be able to race, there must be more than 1 person in the lobby. The server once all have approved, will then make the lights go green, when you can then click go race. This doesn't happen with just 1 person in the server, as you can't race on your own.

Right then ...

The number which changes ie 32-64 is your ping rate. If your ping goes above (approx) 200 then you will probably warp-most peeps are on broadband so there ping varies between 16 and 64 ish.

0/24 is the amount of cars currently in the JOLT server -24 is the maximum it can hold.

Open means the server is open-sometimes it will say ready and other times it will show as racing.

F2 -8-10 shows that between 8pm and 10 pm F2's will be allowed in to that JOLT server as there is a meeting on. When a meeting is being run the both JOLT servers are utilised so that 2 races can be run at once. ie F2 meeting is tonight so both JOLT's will be in use for them untill approx 10pm.

When you are in JOLT with others then u will see there names on the right hand side of the screen.

If you are by yourself then obviosuly nothing happens but when others appear after everyone clicks "approve" then your light will go 2 dull green and you will see a "garage" option avaible.

Click on this and adjust your setup accordingly.

When you are finished playing with your setup click "exit" (i think) and it will take u back to the screen with other drivers names and a jolt chatroom.

Click on the "GO" button and your green light lights up-when everyone has finished playing with themselves in the garage and all have clicked on GO then the race will begin.

Right then ...

The number which changes ie 32-64 is your ping rate. If your ping goes above (approx) 200 then you will probably warp-most peeps are on broadband so there ping varies between 16 and 64 ish.

0/24 is the amount of cars currently in the JOLT server -24 is the maximum it can hold.

Open means the server is open-sometimes it will say ready and other times it will show as racing.

F2 -8-10 shows that between 8pm and 10 pm F2's will be allowed in to that JOLT server as there is a meeting on. When a meeting is being run the both JOLT servers are utilised so that 2 races can be run at once. ie F2 meeting is tonight so both JOLT's will be in use for them untill approx 10pm.

When you are in JOLT with others then u will see there names on the right hand side of the screen.

If you are by yourself then obviosuly nothing happens but when others appear after everyone clicks "approve" then your light will go 2 dull green and you will see a "garage" option avaible.

Click on this and adjust your setup accordingly.

When you are finished playing with your setup click "exit" (i think) and it will take u back to the screen with other drivers names and a jolt chatroom.

Click on the "GO" button and your green light lights up-when everyone has finished playing with themselves in the garage and all have clicked on GO then the race will begin.

:thumbup: Cheers guys that makes a whole lot of sense at last.

Many thanks

Biffo720

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..