2006 Football World Cup

Mav

2006 Football World Cup  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd say Brazil are most likely to win, would prefer if Spain won though.

Cue the obsessive supporting of England. You know, where its "England, England, England" and they never talk about any other team.

Edited by erik

I think it all depends on Rooney,if England can get the guy fit for the latter stages then they have a great chance,if not then then it will be much harder,so my money`s on Argentina and England each way.

Isn't the "Ivory Coast" owned by Scotland ????? :rofl:

I did, in fairness Flyinsi, put "Others" in just so the Scots, Welsh and Irish can vote !!!! :scared15:

:thumbs_up:

Guest Trash

Heart says England, head says Brazil.

The English might go on about nothing else every four years but then we actually qualify every four years (usually!).

It works the same the other way round, every four years we have to put up with the Scottish cheering on the favourites for the title......Brazil or someone equally good. Or the Scottish moaning about the English every four years but who gives a toss....let em moan....it's what they are good at!! :thumbs_up:

I would love for England to win as would most English men would , but TBH i think the same as Trash in my head!

Im afraid that imo Brazil ave more of a chance than England, but then u never no ;)

COME ON ENGLAND! :thumbup:

The English might go on about nothing else every four years but then we actually qualify every four years (usually!).

It works the same the other way round, every four years we have to put up with the Scottish cheering on the favourites for the title......Brazil or someone equally good. Or the Scottish moaning about the English every four years but who gives a toss....let em moan....it's what they are good at!! :thumbs_up:

:rofl: not go on about it!? you lot have been going on about it for forty freaking years!!, who gives a toss anyway, the whole nation aint waiting on Rooneys tootsie,

NEWS just in, Ne vile misses a training session and Loftys a robocop, strewth moanings more fun than reading/listening to that guff

The Azzuri to go close for me, if the Warriors dont :rofl:

and for the ignorant amongst you its not the English team the Scots dont like its the MEDIA hype thats gets to us most!

And for the ignorant amongst you its not the English team the Scots dont like its the MEDIA hype thats gets to us most!

Thats the most sensible thing you've ever said on here IMO. Its the Media hype that gets me, everyone on TV says "Come on England" at the end of something, no matter what it is they were talking about previously. Really pisses me off.

I think Holland are in with a shout, tho Brazil will be hard to beat, I'd Like to see England win in, just so we can say we beat them 1-0 :2: lol, in all fairness I dont mind, as long as the final is a good un!

My mates got a £10 on a 2-1 Brazil final win over Italy.

I'm still undecided on who to go for. I think Ronaldo will score goals, but Brazil are dreadful at the back and ageing...and i just don't think their defence will hold out, not to mention Dida the dodgy keeper.

I kind of fancy Italy, Spain or Holland to stop pissing about and actually do something, but Brazil are the strong favourites.

England? Great talent, and a joy to watch (as individuals..) but i've never known a team counting on one player as much as this lot.

Whatever happens, i hope it's entertaining, and it's goals galore. Scotland are so gash, they should never be in it atall, hate them too...but aslong as the best team wins.

LOL Trash we dont support the favourites, we support any team that is playin engerland, and i dont think we moan that much, well not as much as the bleating comentators who talk about '66, jumpers for goal posts!!.

i think i will give my same kind of match reports i did when euro 2004 was one, ooohhh they were the days.

i think Hargreives should play, did you seen him on tuesday, he was shocking! as Ian Wright said after the game, "i think hargrieves must know something about Sven's love life, cos thats the only way he would keep gettin picked" :rofl::rofl:

prydie

Guest Trash

LOL Trash we dont support the favourites, we support any team that is playin engerland, and i dont think we moan that much, well not as much as the bleating comentators who talk about '66, jumpers for goal posts!!.

i think i will give my same kind of match reports i did when euro 2004 was one, ooohhh they were the days.

i think Hargreives should play, did you seen him on tuesday, he was shocking! as Ian Wright said after the game, "i think hargrieves must know something about Sven's love life, cos thats the only way he would keep gettin picked" :rofl::rofl:

prydie

1966? Why, what happened then mate. Someone ought to fill us all in as I never heard of it before :thumbup:

Oh and most Englishman would completely agree with Ian Wright about Hargreaves, how he is in the squad in unknown to me, never done anything and never likely to.

and for the ignorant amongst you its not the English team the Scots dont like its the MEDIA hype thats gets to us most!

Agree with you there. Theres about 10 songs iv heard so far for england and thats new ones. Startin to get too much now IMO and i bet a few other people agree with me 2.

Martin :thumbup:

Well it all counts on luck of the draw.

Because its the winner of Group A vs 2nd place in Group B and so on.....

If England win there group and Brazil pull a funny and come 2nd in there group, England will have to face Brazil and maybe have an early Exit, but that isnt the case because we all know England are going to get to the Fianls and lift that Trophey again.England Through and Through,

Comon U Red n Whites.

Sash :thumbup:

Here we go lads a little song for the English.

AHEM....

Keep saint George in my heart keep me English.

Keep saint George in my heart I pray.

No surrender to the scottish scum.

NO SURRENDER.

NO SURRENDER.

NO SURRENDER to the scottish scum.

Sash

Edited by sashjag

Maby Im wrong, but ive been working out, the earliest England will face Brazil, if England win GrpB, and Brazil are 2nd in their GrpF, is the semi finals.

Edited by sim_902

and erik why do u want spain to win.....i hate the spanish

Because I used to live in Spain when I was younger (I originally lived in Peterhead, then went to live in Spain and after a while returned to Peterhead). Don't worry, I'm not a Spaniard. Also, in response to Sash's song;

Scots, Wha Hae.

Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled,

Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,

Welcome to your gory bed

Or to victorie!

Now's the day, and now's the hour:

See the front o' battle lour,

See approach proud Edward's power -

Chains and slaverie!

Wha will be a traitor knave?

Wha will fill a coward's grave?

Wha sae base as be a slave? -

Let him turn, and flee!

Wha for Scotland's King and Law

Freedom's sword will strongly draw,

Freeman stand or freeman fa',

Let him follow me!

By oppression's woes and pains,

By your sons in servile chains,

We will drain our dearest veins

But they shall be free!

Lay the proud usurpers low!

Tyrants fall in every foe!

Liberty's in every blow!

Let us do or dee!

Robert Burns

Edited by erik

AHEM....

NO SURRENDER.

NO SURRENDER.

Sash

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wounder whats the Scots will come back with?

AHEM....

NO SURRENDER.

NO SURRENDER.

Sash

very strange considering were not there...AGAIN..lol,can someone with a brain tell me what thats about coz i thought the war ended years ago.

If Owen is fit i think England will be there or thereabouts. Crouch is a far better player than he is given credit for and they do have arguably the best Midfield four in the world. Rooney would be best forgotten about for me and his place given to Defoe. There is no logic in leaving Defoe out because he can't get a regular game for Spurs then giving the 4th strikers place to someone who has played only a dozen games in Division 1. :shrug:

Even if Rooney does recover enough to play he is not going to be as sharp as is really necessary at this level.

I'd imagine Germany will go close but they've not played a competitive game for 2 years so are a bit unknown.

France and Italy are the other 2 teams i'd expect to do well from Europe.

Brazil and Argentina are most peoples favourites and are probably mine as well but it has been 48 years now since a team from outwith Europe has won a World Cup played in Europe so maybe not the foregone conclusion some think.

Hopefully it will be a cracking competition and i've stuck £50 on Engerland to win so i've at least got the comfort of a £350 bonus if the unthinkable does happen. :thumbs_up: (I wonder if you can be cryogenically frozen for £350 ;) )

P.S Well done to the BBC for embracing modern technology and giving us the option of turning one Mr J Motson and his one-sided commentary off. Shame it couldn't be done during last seasons match of the day when every player going down injured from October onwards was "potentially bad news for Englands world cup hopes" :thumbs_down:

If Owen is fit i think England will be there or thereabouts. Crouch is a far better player than he is given credit for and they do have arguably the best Midfield four in the world. Rooney would be best forgotten about for me and his place given to Defoe. There is no logic in leaving Defoe out because he can't get a regular game for Spurs then giving the 4th strikers place to someone who has played only a dozen games in Division 1. :shrug:

Even if Rooney does recover enough to play he is not going to be as sharp as is really necessary at this level.

I'd imagine Germany will go close but they've not played a competitive game for 2 years so are a bit unknown.

France and Italy are the other 2 teams i'd expect to do well from Europe.

Brazil and Argentina are most peoples favourites and are probably mine as well but it has been 48 years now since a team from outwith Europe has won a World Cup played in Europe so maybe not the foregone conclusion some think.

Hopefully it will be a cracking competition and i've stuck £50 on Engerland to win so i've at least got the comfort of a £350 bonus if the unthinkable does happen. :thumbs_up: (I wonder if you can be cryogenically frozen for £350 ;) )

P.S Well done to the BBC for embracing modern technology and giving us the option of turning one Mr J Motson and his one-sided commentary off. Shame it couldn't be done during last seasons match of the day when every player going down injured from October onwards was "potentially bad news for Englands world cup hopes" :thumbs_down:

Fair speech Ham :thumbup:

See how good you do in the prediction league,

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=11822

AHEM....

NO SURRENDER.

NO SURRENDER.

Sash

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wounder whats the Scots will come back with?

Here is another comeback to it.

In the year of Our Lord 1314, the Patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom, Forever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..