Some pics wanted please!

Dazza290

Hi all,

Normally I wouldnt ask for this sort of thing but as these cars are getting so scarse now I thought better had.

Im after some dead square pictures of a Mk3 Ford Capri stripped out, and if possible, with no signwriting (or as little signwriting as possible). Particulary after the front but would appreciate it if someone could get me the side and rear aswell. I never got the pics I wanted when I had the chance :banghead2:

The pics will need to be taken at kneeling height and also need to be dead square, otherwise they will look wrong on the model. For any of you who do not know which model is the Mk3 I have attached a pic. Sorry to sound fussy but that's how they have to be! I was going to use the old template but decided I would wait to get some more higher quality pictures.

[attachmentid=8123]

As you can see from the pic (hopefully) the Mk3 is the one with the long flat front headlights.

Here's a couple of pics of the model so far, not nowhere near done yet as I still have things like rollcage/seat/corner plates to add aswell as some general work tidying it up. I hope you see this as an improvement.

[attachmentid=8124]

[attachmentid=8125]

Cheers

Dazza

post-178-1154807696.jpg

post-178-1154807845.jpg

post-178-1154807856.jpg

Edited by Dazza684

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks superb so far Dazza!!!

None of the attatched pics are of any use to you whatsoever but I thought I'd post em up anyways and as you say these motors are getting more n more scarce so I just put em up for folk to see :scared15:

:2:

Andymek...

post-47-1154817651.jpg

post-47-1154817666.jpg

post-47-1154817683.jpg

post-47-1154817716_thumb.jpg

top job dazza you modeling the capri :thumbup:

ford capri one of my favourite bangers...

one thing (i know it's not ready yet, but....) : it looks like the roof is too high , in my opininon the roof needs to be a few centimeters lower..

keep up the good work m8 :thumbs_up:

Frank

D'oh, just if I read this yesterday as there were loads of Capris at Warton, there may of been a mk3 but I aint sure, check www.wartononline.com as SnOrK sometimes gets square on pics of cars.

Barrow team meeting next week so I'll keep an eye out for one.

Thanks for the kind reply's all.

The model was done from a dead square side pic and everything lines up with that picture in max so maybe its just the picture?? I will change it though and see what you think then.

Thanks for the link Cun, I've had a look through but cant seem to find anything 100% suitable. Got a couple pics to work from, gonna take a fair bit of editing in Photoshop but we will see what happens with it in the next couple weeks.

Dazza

good looking model Dazza :appl:

found these pics, dunno if they're any good to you ..... best wishes :thumbup: they'll need a bit of rotating to square em up like but i figured they were decent for a template :)

[attachmentid=8169]

[attachmentid=8170]

[attachmentid=8171]

post-32-1154976639_thumb.jpg

post-32-1154976715_thumb.jpg

post-32-1154976809_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrighty496

Thanks for the pics Wrighty, but road going car pics just dont suit banger model's in game but I appreciate you looking.

Was thinking about that strip myself the other day and there is a good chance im gonna whack one on :thumbs_up:

anyway a couple shots of the car in game using a very quick mapping with the old template which im not to impressed with! (My mapping that is!). Ignore the placement of the wheels, just wanted to put it in game for now until it's mapped properly.

[attachmentid=8219]

[attachmentid=8220]

Bonebuster in a couple of weeks with a few drivers bringing a couple of cars so hopefully there will be a Capri in amongst it :thumbup:

post-178-1155149807_thumb.jpg

post-178-1155149831_thumb.jpg

lo dazza i may well be ya hero lol

saturday im gonna pop into a m8s yard to get pics of numerous material and i hear he has a 1600 laser capri! might be ideal for u its all stripped 2 ! let me kno asap on msn or tell nemesis to tell me

rodder

Dunno if its cos of the missing driver and weird placed wheels but it seems a bit out of proportion somehow?

Gr8 Job dazza so far :appl:

As I mentioned in previous post I still think the shape of the driversdoor window and the side window is not 100 % , allthough most of you have other opinion..

I'll try to explain what i meant in attached image...

the "tango" capri is almost the same in angle and size as the "in-game" capri

but where the green arrows are I do see some difference in the shape , i think that minor difference makes a lot of difference for the total shape of the model...

just my thoughts , for what its worth...

keep up the good work.

Frank

post-74-1155594316_thumb.jpg

Dunno if its cos of the missing driver and weird placed wheels but it seems a bit out of proportion somehow?

Gr8 Job dazza so far :appl:

As I mentioned in previous post I still think the shape of the driversdoor window and the side window is not 100 % , allthough most of you have other opinion..

I'll try to explain what i meant in attached image...

the "tango" capri is almost the same in angle and size as the "in-game" capri

but where the green arrows are I do see some difference in the shape , i think that minor difference makes a lot of difference for the total shape of the model...

just my thoughts , for what its worth...

keep up the good work.

Frank

I can see where you coming from mate. However, my model was done to an absoultely dead square photo, everything from the height of the roof to the placement of the wheel arch lines up with the picture I have, it was not a road going picture but a banger so maybe its just the car??

[attachmentid=8416]

[attachmentid=8417]

Take a look at the 404 Rob Mills Capri from Bristol, then look at 969 Jamie Pickup's from Hednesford. Then take a look at that rear window. This is one thing I have noticed when modelling this Capri is that some seem to have 'extra' metal inside the rear window and some dont. If you then look at the size of the window beteen the two it would give the impression of the roof looking 'lower' then what it actually is. Im not sure if this came with the higher spec Capri's or not (or maybe its on all Capri's but some drivers take it out, can someone please say!) but I think you will agree it certainly makes a difference. I cant say the same for the side window however so maybe thats just down to the photos??

As I have said, I just wanted to get the 'shell' of the car into game to see how it looks, and I can guarentee that the car is not the right length or width in that picture, it was just a rough estimate (which is why the wheels etc look way out of place).

Maybe when I have it all mapped etc and ready for damage, I will stick the car in game properly with everything all lined up to see what you lads think?? I appreciate the kind words and comments and anything like this Ernie helps to make a better model in my opinion.

Dazza

post-178-1155660436.jpg

post-178-1155660449.jpg

This is one thing I have noticed when modelling this Capri is that some seem to have 'extra' metal inside the rear window and some dont. Dazza

That because some Capris came with opening rear windows, and some came with ones fixed permanently in place with a rubber seal.

At a guess the ones with the rubber seal probably had the ' extra' metal . :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..