Some pics wanted please!

Dazza290

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at the 404 Rob Mills Capri from Bristol, then look at 969 Jamie Pickup's from Hednesford. Then take a look at that rear window. This is one thing I have noticed when modelling this Capri is that some seem to have 'extra' metal inside the rear window and some dont. If you then look at the size of the window beteen the two it would give the impression of the roof looking 'lower' then what it actually is. Im not sure if this came with the higher spec Capri's or not (or maybe its on all Capri's but some drivers take it out, can someone please say!) but I think you will agree it certainly makes a difference. I cant say the same for the side window however so maybe thats just down to the photos??

As I have said, I just wanted to get the 'shell' of the car into game to see how it looks, and I can guarentee that the car is not the right length or width in that picture, it was just a rough estimate (which is why the wheels etc look way out of place).

Maybe when I have it all mapped etc and ready for damage, I will stick the car in game properly with everything all lined up to see what you lads think?? I appreciate the kind words and comments and anything like this Ernie helps to make a better model in my opinion.

Dazza

Now I see the difference m8, you're right :thumbs_up:

This is one thing I have noticed when modelling this Capri is that some seem to have 'extra' metal inside the rear window and some dont. Dazza

That because some Capris came with opening rear windows, and some came with ones fixed permanently in place with a rubber seal.

At a guess the ones with the rubber seal probably had the ' extra' metal . :thumbup:

Was just going to post that mate.... u beat me to it :thumbs_up:

Cheers

Nice one Jamesey, but similar to Wrighty's pics, if only there were bangers!

Ive got a sort of template half knocked up which is suitable, Im just gonna wait and see what Rodder can get for me, of if there are Capri's down Bonebuster which are suitable. If not Im going to go ahead with the template I have got at the moment.

Dazza

looks epic nice1 m8 :thumbup:

1 question... y dont cars have a 3d door plate surely its only a few polys????

thanks liam

Edited by tilly

looks epic nice1 m8 :thumbup:

1 question... y dont cars have a 3d door plate surely its only a few polys????

thanks liam

I was thinking about this aswell.

Each 'plate' would work out at 10 polys each meaning a minimum of 30 which is possible I suppose :rolleyes:

That looks spot on Dazza! :thumbup: I dont realy think that there is enough difference in the headlight area between the MK2 and 3 Capris to worry about, it looks just right to me.

On the damage side of things, will it snap off like the marina model does?

I have a good idea on how the damage will be, 341 Andy Jones had a Capri at Smeatharpe which looked absolutey sweet when wrecked, it probably still would have gone aswell if the prop hadnt of snapped off!

Anyway, some 3d plates :rolleyes:

post-178-1155917897.jpg

I have a good idea on how the damage will be, 341 Andy Jones had a Capri at Smeatharpe which looked absolutey sweet when wrecked, it probably still would have gone aswell if the prop hadnt of snapped off!

Anyway, some 3d plates :rolleyes:

:thumbup: nice 1 m8

A little update, this time all skinned up!

Thanks must go to Marcy for making this excellent 202 Kilf skin for me so I could render it :thumbs_up:

[attachmentid=8550]

Marcy also adjusted the template for me with some editing here and there, so another thank you for that :2:

Also included is a shot of the car in game!

[attachmentid=8551]

Cheers

Dazza

post-178-1156117532_thumb.jpg

The track is definately gonna be next Jamesey! Im glad Nick has started Aldershot because I can start pestering him again :rofl: (Only joking Nick!)

And Rikard, no mirror's im afraid! They are crap in real life and there is no way I would ever model one for a banger online! I always thought you should concentrate whats going on in front rather then behind!

If you have any spare pollys left how about trying to make a rear view mirror? as none of the online bangers have them yet

Rik, If you have a mirror, it will only come flying of and whack you in the side of the head when I T-bone you mate!

Mirrors are junk, as you spend too much time looking at what is just about to fence/jack you, just sit back, keep looking forward and enjoy the ride! :whistling:

The capri now looks the mutts nuts Dazza, :appl: now youve done that you can get back on with the track mate. :scared15::rofl:

Edited by mcrew

If you have any spare pollys left how about trying to make a rear view mirror? as none of the online bangers have them yet

Rik, If you have a mirror, it will only come flying of and whack you in the side of the head when I T-bone you mate!

Mirrors are junk, as you spend too much time looking at what is just about to fence/jack you, just sit back, keep looking forward and enjoy the ride! :whistling:

The capri now looks the mutts nuts Dazza, :appl: now youve done that you can get back on with the track mate. :scared15::rofl:

Who said anything about it being finsihed! I've still got all the damage and Lod's to do yet, and im on holiday next week!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..