r-factor help plz

tilly

hi, me nan treated me to r-factor :thumbup: all is workin been having ago just wondering...

why when i go into the bend my car brakes automaticly?

and how to turn damage on

thanks Tilly

The F keys (F1, F2 etc) at the top of your keyboard turn stuff like that on or off. Have a look at your keys setup in your player settings options to see what does what....You will need to assign certain stuff anyway to some of the keys so you will need to have a look there sooner or later anyway.

Cheers

Grasser#233

Looks promising :king:

Do you know weather in rFactor it has the ability or potential to move the wheel bass around in a crash? so basically if you jack someone can you lift up their rear wheels so they no longer touch the track? cause that would be cool, and a good way to immobilise a car :5::thumbup:

Do you know weather in rFactor it has the ability or potential to move the wheel bass around in a crash? so basically if you jack someone can you lift up their rear wheels so they no longer touch the track? cause that would be cool, and a good way to immobilise a car :5::thumbup:

I couldn't see any way of doing it, no, another reason I've stopped making a banger mod for it.

Alrite.. wizz kid that i am :rolleyes: cant find out realy wich links i need to click to get a free demo :scared15: so, ermmm, if anyone ermmm... :2:

You just download the file (700mb) and you get two cars & tracks to trial on, ignore the purchasing bits and scroll down to the mirrors:

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=buyonline

I dont think you can race online or add mods but you'll get the idea of what its like.

Hi,

I clicked that link, then on Download Links, then rFactorCentral 1 (just picked one) been dloading it this evening, stopped at about 600 mb, gave a icon on desktop and when i double click that one it says:

NSIS Error

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)

:shrug:

Wich link should be working ok? :shrug:

I've been trying lots of things to download the demo, but somehow i don't get it working.. always ends the download automaticly while it's not finished yet. Should the above links work proper? When they are, should it be possible that my pc takes to much time for downloading it proper (about 700MB in about 5 hours?, my connection says it does 100,0Mbps)

I'm not an pc expert or something that comes close, but realy want to see how rFactor looks like :scared15:

You still not managed to download it, lol

get a download manager (search for one in google, such as "Flashget", etc), and then you should receive it fine, or try a different download link. (Windows should have one built in by now!!)

I'd imagine if you have say a 2mb speed broadband, it shouldn't take much more than 1 hour, 3 hours at the most.

I think your broadband service provider, must cut you off after a certain length of time, or its in your setting when you installed their equipment.

I couldn't see any way of doing it, no, another reason I've stopped making a banger mod for it.

I dont think the game's much good for bangers unfortunatley. It's a shame none of these new games, ever seem to have realistic crashing, damage, etc.

I had a game called "Indy 500" on my Amiga in something like..1992! (its prob, crap if I play it now, lol) but from memory it was a fantastic simple, realistic game, with very realistic crashing, and still one of my favorite racing games I've ever had. One track, choice of just 3 superb cars, lots of set-up, that was it. Once there was a pile-up caused by an AI car spinning out and wiped out 29 cars from the race going to full course yellow, lol. A lot of people didn't rate it cos "it was going round in circles" but I thought it was superb, just for the crashing if nothing else, and the difficulty rating was perfect. It had fantastic long replays too and probably one of the 1st games to have them.

I had a game called "Indy 500" on my Amiga in something like..1992! (its prob, crap if I play it now, lol) but from memory it was a fantastic simple, realistic game, with very realistic crashing, and still one of my favorite racing games I've ever had. One track, choice of just 3 superb cars, lots of set-up, that was it. Once there was a pile-up caused by an AI car spinning out and wiped out 29 cars from the race going to full course yellow, lol. A lot of people didn't rate it cos "it was going round in circles" but I thought it was superb, just for the crashing if nothing else, and the difficulty rating was perfect. It had fantastic long replays too and probably one of the 1st games to have them.

Think I had the Indy 500 game on the pc, was it the one that had the copy protection that consisted of a picture that came up before the game loaded, you had to look through the manual, find the picture then type in the page number, if you got it wrong it wouldn't let you play?! Spent many hours crashing into the AI in that game, nudge them going into the corner and they'd wipe themselves all over the wall, then next lap you could bury another driver into them :rofl:

After that game I moved onto the 1st Papyrus Nascar game, in that one you could paint all the cars, of course I painted them all in real banger driver colours and spent my evenings following in the likes of the Suicide Squad, Cream Team, Motley krew at Martinsville and Louden :rofl: Was gutted when my hard drive crashed and I lost the lot :banghead2:

After that came the original Destruction derby game, I brought it not realising it required a 'co-processor' which my 50Mhz PC didn't have, I had only one option...upgrade!!!! I brought a new 'state of the art' motherboard and a 90Mhz Pentium 1! I also spent 300 odd quid on an extra 4Mb of RAM, it was expensive back then. The game was worth it but it was very limited.

After several other racing games including Destruction Derby 2 and Nascar racing 2 and 3, Carmageddon came out, all my dreams had come true, this was the game I had dreamt of, I could wreck the opponents and be rewarded for it and whats more they would wreck me! with the aid of a 3DFX graphics card it had graphics to die for too :thumbup: Carmageddon 2 still rates as one of my favourite games, I still play Freddy's banger mod for it now, it was also the game that started me off modelling 3D cars, so I have alot to thank it for.

Well that turned into a short story of my racing game road to Nascar heat, sorry :unsure: , anyone care to share theirs? :scared15:

Edited by Nick M48

just come from online in 1979 f1`s was goin ok untill didnt see the car stopped end of the straight giv it to him full chat 155mph damage wasnt to bad then lol got kicked from server even tho it was accident. Still was a good hit.

just like to thanks sam and rikard for all there help :thumbup:

....was it the one that had the copy protection that consisted of a picture that came up before the game loaded, you had to look through the manual, find the picture then type in the page number, if you got it wrong it wouldn't let you play?!

lol aye the questions were like 'what was the average speed of the winner in 1952?' or summat lol....the book had a pic of every winner with the stats for the race :rofl: i had it for the amiga....mouse control was superb (steer by sliding the mouse either way, then throttle and brake on the 2 buttons <sighs> soooo simple and effective too)

Well that turned into a short story of my racing game road to Nascar heat, sorry :unsure: , anyone care to share theirs? :scared15:

hell yeah :rofl: had the amiga first with indy500 and 'skidmarks' (followed by super skidmarks lol - both superb handling games with GeneRally-predecessor graphics and 'look')..... finally plucked up the courage and bought a playstation .... then plucked up some more courage and got it doctored so i could play the original Gran Turismo on jap import hahaha. Got a PS2 on release day :thumbup: (pre-ordered lol) and played GT3 mostly until i stumbled across you lot :scared15:

but.........

the first driving game i EVER played was (i think its called) night driver .... arcade game that was basically 2 rows of dots that you had to steer between ..... it was that good :rofl: i think i was about 10? thats 1977 lads ........ :blink:

cheers :thumbup:

....was it the one that had the copy protection that consisted of a picture that came up before the game loaded, you had to look through the manual, find the picture then type in the page number, if you got it wrong it wouldn't let you play?!

lol aye the questions were like 'what was the average speed of the winner in 1952?' or summat lol....the book had a pic of every winner with the stats for the race :rofl: i had it for the amiga....mouse control was superb (steer by sliding the mouse either way, then throttle and brake on the 2 buttons <sighs> soooo simple and effective too)

I think there was only about 30 questions so you could soon learn the answers though if you had the book (a great instructon book it was). I saved & bought an extra 512kb of ram costing about £30 especially just for the replays in that game. A whole 1mb of ram my Amiga had, and I boasted about it to my mates when I got it, lol. None of my other games even required it. more about the game... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_..._The_Simulation

After (or before) that were, Stunt Car Racer , great game & soooperb on 2 player, but you needed two TV's and a link between the Amiga's which was a pain dragging my "portable" 21 inch Sony Trinitron 2 miles to me mate's house!

Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, again great on 2 player, even if it was a bit of an arcade game, Supercars I&II, Crammond's 1st Grand Prix Game, was amazing when it came out (if a bit slow, due to the "detailed" graphics). I also enjoyed "Vroom". It wasnt brilliant, but the graphics were so smooth and fast at the time.

I got the first Playstation the week it was released, and loved all the TOCA series, especially the 1st & 2nd ones, which seemed to have real character. Owned various Rally, Granturismo, Destruction Derby, Nascar, and Indy car games, in amongst footy games, and shoot-em-ups.

my 1st ever racing game was in 1984, on the Amstrad CPC464 (with colour screen!) called Grand Prix, where the car would "slide" on the screen from side to side, and explode, as soon as you touched the grass. I had a great Superbike game on the Amstrad as well.

I only got my 1st PC when I "found" BriSCA Heat in about 2002, then F2 Heat, SSC Heat....and so on!

Edited by splinter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..