r factor

hitman442

It depends on how powerful your computer is, I had a new game that ran fine on my computer, but on a mates PC he turned up the graphics and when the game started the people in the game looked all mucked up, and they were blinking, flashing and kinda falling apart lol. Somtimes if a computer can't render out a game it may just freeze, not load up or display it wrong.

rFactor, and some of the mods in it are quite power hungry, and so you may need to upgrade your computer like Tombo did. You could also try some other things like making sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card or change some other settings on your computer to make it run applications faster. :thumbs_up:

imo try demos first before u buy :thumbup:

my computer runs R-factor but not bf2:( but still new 1 on its way should play them all :thumbup:

Edited by tilly

have you fixed your prob yet?? - go to the rfactor config, in your start menu and select a different resolution, (higher or lower) it should fix it, if not it could be direct x needs re-installing, or you need a better graphics card.

I built my PC over 2 years ago (did spend a sh*tload on a graphics card though) and I can still run the game smoothly with virtually all the graphics settings turned right up. Even when I had 70 Nascars on track it was still driveable!! I wouldn't recommend it though, lol.

I also have 1024 mb ram, which is probably recommended nowadays for most things. If your getting a new PC for gaming, just make sure it has decent ram, and an expensive graphics card. Unfortunatley these are the most expensive things in a PC with the graphics card alone costing £250 - £350 for a really good one. :thumbs_down:

Best in game, putting your settings at midway-high on the average PC.

right graphic card u cost £100 to £200 no need for any more than that imo.u can up grade old pc or go for new one :shrug:

agp card 7600gt for £130

pci express 7600gt is about £100/130 mark to card for any game imo then u can go forr 7900gt £182 and will have any game look awesome,i run the old 7800gt flat out in rfactor and BF2 :thumbup: runs sweet and im not on a super fast cpu aswell ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..