en.wikipedia.org

splinter

Not a Forum request but was my idea for promoting the site a little.

RE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Has anyone used the site above, it's terrific & informative. If you type in brisca for example, a few bits of detail comes up.

I spent hours creating two professional, informative articles, as would be written in a dictionary or encyclopedia. One was about Brisca Heat, one was about UK Dirt league, and commented on the history of the league, etc. in a non-biased type of way. I wrote them bith myself from scratch, made by own screenshots and some renders,gave to credits to the original creators, etc. and thought it was a worthy inclusion.

Within about 30 minutes a bloody guy deleted them both saying I should try writing in my own words next time, and my pictures were copyrighted and not my own. :banghead2: ...and.. "The content was also dubious" :3::blink:

I see many other mainstream games written on there, so don't know what the problem was. I have now totally lost all my hard work.

Anyone else tried it??

Just found this...

NOTE: If your article was deleted because it was about "Unremarkable people or groups," please see Wikipedia:Deletion of vanity articles for more information. If the article was deleted for a copyright violation but you wrote the material yourself, then there are several ways that you can make sure it does not get deleted again. For example, you could put a notice on your other web site that says that you release the material under the GFDL, so it can be used here without infringing on anybody's copyright. Or you can use an email address associated with the website to file a confirmation of your release of the material under the GFDL with our permissions department at "permissions at wikimedia dot org". You can look at Wikipedia:Confirmation of permission for some more instructions.

It just needs permission emailing from ukdirt.co.uk first then!

..or are we all "Unremarkable people"! :shrug:

Edited by splinter

:042:

Splinter

What a bummer , as our American cousins would say, you give `em loads of information you would assume they are only too pleased to get and Whammo! some Nanna deletes it all..... :o

Which in turn opens a whole new can of worms .

If we, as paid up members do start advertising how good UKdirt is and start using pictures gleened from UKdirt, are they copywrighted, as these silly foreign Wikipeadia people are suggesting .......mmmmmm. :shrug:

No doubt someone knows the answer..?

:2: Now back to the "Echo Falls" White Zinfandel, Californian Rose, it`s very nice.

Biffo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..