Choosing your UK Dirt nickname

mcrew

Following on from Steves thread on numbers, how did you choose/adopt your nick/username?

Mine was what my first boss used to call me. It started off as what he used to called my old man years before that as his names mick and my boss couldnt be botherd to call him Mick Carew so the lazy git shortened it to 'Mcrew'.

Somehow, when I started to work for him, he gave it to me.

eerrrmmm, just my name. Couldn't think of a nickname back then, but i found one recently...lol

Dirty Den

I got it from a spintcar driver called Dennis summat? He's from the UK. I saw him race at the MECC gala night over here and thought HEEEEEYYY i could use that for UK Dirt. It's got nothin to do with sexual things tho, :rofl: If you where wondering.

Hack....everyone seems to think it has to do with computers, but i don't have a clue.

When i was young, i used to be terrible at first, and would just 'hack' anyone and everyone in site, and it boiled down to a karate chop in the waist and i've been called hack ever since that day. Even though i went on to represent some pretty good teams in Rangers, Livingston, Aberdeen, Celtic, Alloa and even East Stirlingshire :thumbup:

When i joined UKDirt (March 03) i didnt want to have my usual forum nick of craigtaylor137, so i went and had a chat with dad to see if he could come up with owt, and he was painting a slotstox body for himself at the time, and down the side he had painted Master of Reality. This wasn't a nickname for him or anything, it was just one of his favourite Black Sabbath albums. I decided to go with that, rather stupidly, cause now i think its a terrible nickname. The first few months here i was being called 'master' for short, but eventually everyone started saying 'mor', i then put it on my car, and i noted the use of uppercase letters and lowercase letters which eventually stuck at me just being 'MoR' (some people seem to think the use of uppercase and lowercase is that crap thing people do when they put thier name LiKe ThIs oN MsN, lol). :thumbup:

And if you meet me, don't every call me 'More', it just confuses me, Mad Mick once did that to me at Hendo, he came up to me saying 'Are you more?' and i replied with 'more what?' :shrug:

mine is simple gogs is short for gordon and like a good friend we lost a few years ago he was also called gogs!!! the great scottish saloon driver and everyones friend the late gordon barclay (99) :king::appl:

I know I don't do UKDirt but I will answer anyway. "Erik" was given to me as a nickname back in S2 (Year 9 for you Englishmen), as they thought I looked like a guy of dubious sexual orientation who worked at our local swimming pool. Some people even think Erik is my real name. So I decided to use that as I couldn't come up with anything better.

Edited by erik

I got my nickname from the film snatch!

' You no what Nemesis means?

its a ritgeous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by an horibble &$#!......... me' :thumbup:

I aint really horrrible but thought it sounded cool lol :scared15:

Steve

Well, ma names Simon, and people have called me either 'sim' or 'simmy' from ive been a wee lad, so i went with 'sim' cause its shorter to type out lol, not exactly an exciting name lol!

My nickname was derived from the same circumstances in the way that my online racing number came about..

When spannering for Dean Bridges, saloon 69,Deano's main spanner man, Eric was a regional rep for a mobile vehicle servicing and repair company called AUTOMEK, and his wife Mo gave him the nickname of "Eckymek" and as I was helping out I adopted the nickname of Andymek...

So nowadays nearly 15 years on myself and Eric are still working together as such albeit in a different capacity but still stock car realted as both him and myself are scrutineers at Cowdenbeath

Another piece of useless information for ya Eric still hasnt forgotten his "roots" as such from when he first begun his racing involvement, Mikeys car from 2006 adopts the self same colours as Deano's did 'way back in 92...I bet yer all glad I told ya that!!! :rolleyes:

post-47-1162396813.jpg

post-47-1162396995_thumb.jpg

My mum was going to call me 'Cruz'. Which i like the sound of but hate the spelling, so i did some home mods to the name, putting the first letter of my real name to the front which turned it into Kruz but it was to short to look good on any of my skins so i just stuck an 'i' in it and eventually came up with Kruiz.

So if you were wondering it you pronounce it the same as Cruz. I just prefer the spelling Kruiz. lol

Thats my reasoning,

KRUIZ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..