Mr ELITE is back!

Cabs

This months UNLOADED 7.3 features an article on Terry George.

YES Mr Speak will be in one at Cowdie in May! appl.gif

Good points in his interview when he mentions that the engines are now dearer than a chassis! appl.gif

He adds that we should have 1 standard engine with possibly a BRiSCA supplied camshaft  appl.gif

NO to allowing F2's to run any type of independent rear suspension (sierra etc.) because like the Saloons the spectacle of 'sliding out the corner' will be gone appl.gif

Lets see Terry on the Board or Committee somewhere......... PLEASE!

THE NEW CARS R LOOKIN GOOD AND I UNDERSTAND THERE IS A BIG LIST OF DRIVERS PURCHASING THESES CARS AND THERE IS ALSO AN ELITE RACING SPARES  NOW

11721[/snapback]

GREAT STUFF IF HE COMES BACK .I WAS NEVER A FAN OF ROB BUT NOW I RESPECT HIM A BIT MORE. WE NEED HIM BACK TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM START WHERE HE FINISHED OFF TO PROVE SOME PEOPLE WRONG. BUT IT WOULD'T BE RIGHT FOR THE RULES TO CHANGE FOR WHAT ROB THINKS. SALOONS @ COWDENBEATH HAD A TRIAL TO CHANGE THINGS BUT THE POWERS @ BE WERE NOT INTERESTED . WE NEED TO GET COSTS DOWN AND RACERS ON AN EQUALL. LET THE DRIVERS WIN AND NOT THE WALLETS. GOOD LUCK ROB IF YOU COME BACK.

NO to allowing F2's to run any type of independent rear suspension (sierra etc.) because like the Saloons the spectacle of 'sliding out the corner' will be gone appl.gif

personally, i'm not sure whether this is the right way to go tbh. F2s have always had a more active technical side for me, with many interesting ideas popping up on various cars through the years (i remember there was a healthy debate on our old rsc forum about IRS on F2s last year).

There can't be that many donor cars left for solid axles now, and finding halfshafts, CW&P sets etc doesnt get easier as the time passes (its never changed btw - i spent plenty of saturday mornings with my old man cutting the front end off Triumph Heralds for the car lol).

I'd rather see F2s have a bit of freedom on the chassis and drivetrain, with tighter control on the tyres and engine to keep the costs in check.

twopennorth offered, i'll away lol ........... Wrighty

Guest Scrapman53
Wasnt the Sierra set up modified so it acted like a solid axle? Even if it was there isnt really that many Sierras knocking about the scrapyards these days.

12090[/snapback]

Nah Mart. They all get snapped up from peoples gardens for Bangers & Prostocks up here before they make it to the scrapyards. I suspect it's the same down south too.

Wasnt the Sierra set up modified so it acted like a solid axle? Even if it was there isnt really that many Sierras knocking about the scrapyards these days.

12090[/snapback]

yes it was like a solid axle i did have some pics on old forum coffee.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..