wellbent

theboss

:banghead2: don't wana be picky but you constantly ask others for stuff that is actually very easy to do

:banghead2: then i guess take the credit!!!!

:banghead2: take some time learn your design/skin program (maybe even read the instructions!)

:banghead2: then .. . . . . . . .. . . :banghead2:

DO IT YOURSELF AND STOP THESE POINTLESS THREADS :banghead2:

:banghead2: don't wana be picky but you constantly ask others for stuff that is actually very easy to do

:banghead2: then i guess take the credit!!!!

:banghead2: take some time learn your design/skin program (maybe even read the instructions!)

:banghead2: then .. . . . . . . .. . . :banghead2:

DO IT YOURSELF AND STOP THESE POINTLESS THREADS :banghead2:

This is a skinpainting forum for posting QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (isn't it?).

What credit? The only skins I do are for myself (and barph) I DO NOT OFFER A SKIN PAINTING service, so therefor have nothing to take credit for?

I am very capable of cutting round a picture, BUT when I know full well that the image is available in a 'layered' version, or with a transparenmt background then I am going to ask aren't I? It makes sense to use a 'proper' version rather than make a hash of somebody else's work!!

Like I said before, this is a forum for posting questions and answers, if you don't have the answer to a question I ask, then kindly refrain from making a racket!

:thumbup:

I created bangerskins website, and i put the wellbent decals up on the site as i made them.

Is that the bangerskins site?

If so, I got those on there, but they are done a s a background

download it again mate, if you use photoshop and do not understand how to use layers, and how to use photoshop full stop for that matter you shouldnt be making skins.

The wellbent decals have been created as layers. Each decal is a different layer.

Yeah, but thats just wasting time really

You expect someone to take the time to make them into layers when you cant be arsed to do them yourself?

:banghead2:

Ok apologies to mitch28, the wellbent decals I was given by somebody on this site (before I knew mitch's site exsisted) were merged down as a background, and not seperate layers.

Having just downlaoded the decal from mitch's site the decal is as expected, layered, which was my point all along. I knew that the decal would be available in this fomat and that is what I asked for, didn't mean to offend you in any way mitch :shrug:

And no, I don't expect people to take the time making these decals whilst I sit on my arse, that came out completely wrong lol! :rofl:

All I meant was that, not being the greatest user of Photoshop or PSP, I would probably spend hours cutting out a merged version (when there is a layered version available) and the end result would be a complete hash of somebody's hard work!

To say I shouldn't be making skins if I can't cut out dcecals from a merged image (which is basically what your saaying) is a bit silly really, I mean all I did here was ask for a decal, imagine the uproar if I asked someone to do me a skin!!! :scared15: (jokes)

Anyways, apologies again to mitch (great decal, now I got the right one :thumbup: ) and if asking questions or asking for help isn't allowed here anymore then I won't bother :042:

I dont use photoshop or paintshop so dont really know much about using them,,Yet I paint decent banger skins with a good reliable easy to use prog that works fine on windows 98, xp, etc.

The forum is about skinpainting and meant for the sharing of advice tips etc and to showcase the artwork used in making uk dirt skins. The programmes and methods used may vary but in the end if decent results skinwise are produced then that is what matters. I have nowhere to go for advice on using the prog that I use but no doubt there is much about for photoshop users including magazines and books.

It would help though if those more experienced skinpainters were more tolerant of those less experienced who are still learning the art of skinpainting. Encouragement and helpful criticism should be welcomed as I for one much prefer to race online against well painted cars and this forum helps towards that aim.

Be reasonable though to all when making requests or posting replies and the whole forum benefits. Enjoy your racing and your skinpainting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..