well here it is improved f1s

samson

nothing special ray lmao :rofl::rofl: looks good m8t nice work and i can see u taking notice of advice in other posts from none painters :o

was me gaz not grant who posted this lol

[attachmentid=11557]

post-1136-1164416958.jpg

Edited by grant

in my opinion they look bloody awful horrible colours but to b fair allan has got away with it while on the same colour idea

signs look crap imo but that is just me so i will wait for a post saying saying how awful my skins are but if ppl want them then i will do them as requested

oh and samson as you have said already to tosh my renders are crap aswell (monster truck wheels i belive was the comment) u must be confusing me with someone that gives a toss cause i dont if folk are wanting a render yes i will do it i never said i was good at any point.

i totally agree with what hack said in the other thread okish skins need a okish response imo truth hurts and if u dont like it dont ask for folks response also i will never be as good at skin painting as dragon, mav , MoR , scrapman and Grasser and never said i would be at any stage these guys been doing it for years myself 8 months at the most and im happy with the skins i have made tbh

so in short i dont like them and i will have fun fencing them so u can run to admin to get me banned :thumbup:

cheers (honest) Aub

The skins have improvedand are decent ones - shame UK Dirt won't be saying that about the driver in 2007.

Hope you enjoy taking them home in bits every week that you are at blue grade. You have had it easy from white and yellow, and unless you change your ways you will not survive at blue. Just some friendly advise m8. :thumbs_up:

ps The wheels don't look right at all. It would look better with this type of wheel.

[attachmentid=11561]

post-37-1164444613_thumb.jpg

I no one thing i cant wait to bury him :rofl: theres a lot of touchy comments out there i think if ya like

ya own skins and renders then stuff everyone else, i like putting different wheels on mine even though f1 s would never have them on,basicaly i think there are lot average skins but like aub says if thats what people want then so be it .without average skin painters the good painters would be pestered even more i think.

love that render mav can remember when u first showed me that looks amazing.

think you done some well smart skins aub and decent renders (where ya get them white wheels from for ya f2 renders they look good imo

Edited by gazj107

sorry to go on but just seen h33 pics of f1 and i must say they are amazing and theres nothing average about them wow the 2 car trailor looks superb (aub) i no u was looking one , no that lad is good for any one whos reading this and hasent seen his work take a look superb

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?act=modu...si&img=3528

It definitely is an improvement, the checks at the back look a lot better now that they aren't just stuck on.

I paint my cars by looking at real cars and adapting things to my taste. Like the Burgoyne signs, try it without the Bevel, add a nice drop shadow, nothing too extreme.

The Samson on the wing, choose a thicker font so that the stroke doesn't show up so pixelated. Definitely an improvement though, :).

Developing on what Allan said (all of which i agree entirely with), its definitely an improvement on the last one, but don't forget, you've got all winter until the new season yet so you have tons of time to improve it and really get it spot on. One thing you are very good at Samson is taking the advice given to you by others and using it, not just expecting 100% positive comments all the time. However, if you are happy with what you have created, then nobody else's opinions matter, your the one who will be racing it week in week out!

My personal preference is that 'coachlining' is a must on all F1s/F2s, and the difference it makes to your Asmith compared to your briscan (in regards looking like a real life car) is significant i think. However, am i right in saying that saying that you used the ones that came with the Asmith template? I personally always redo them, as PSP7 seemingly has better tools to 'anti-alias' them - in other words smooth the lines out so they aren't so jagged and pixel-y when you look at them. If your preference is Photoshop, then don't forget that PSP7 can open psd files, so just doing the lines in PSP then everything else in Photoshop is extremely easy.

One thing that also caught my eye on the briscan was on the right side; the 'wavey' burgoyne has overlapped into the side of the scoop on the template, and you can see the top bit of the 'n' on the scoop in the render. Someone once said to me (maybe Dragon/Jonnyboy) that it is the little things on a skin which make a big difference, which is one of the best pieces of advice that i ever had.

Keep up the good work, its definitely improving.

Cheers

MoR

Whoops, got it a bit wrong, its the top of the 'e' that showing on the scoop.......... :rolleyes:

Samson that looks much better :thumbs_up:

I agree with some of the comments above of a few small things to tweak but apart from that you got a smart set of F1’s.

The checks on the rear that I comented on before look 100 times better, im sure even you'l agree! ;)

Can somebody tell me how you get the checks like Samson hason his F1s now please?Would be appreeciated.

anyone?lol

give them time to reply they dont spend there days online 24 hours.

Some people have work to go to :rolleyes:

Speaking of work i workin at 5.

Edited by martwisely

Completely agree with mor, the lines do make F1/F2 look so much more realistic and i always redo them, it can be a bit tedious and boring but at the end of the day they make a huge difference. The checks look awsome, i rarely use thin signwriting as it makes it look cheap and tacky most of the time and an eye for evn the smallest detail is needed for a good skin. It oftenly can take bloody ages to get everything perfect but when it is all looking spot on (to the pixel) it really does make the difference to how your skin looks in the end. It just depend on how long you willing to spend correcting every minor error. :thumbs_up:

Cheers

Kruiz

cheers for advice MoR on coachlines i'll give it my best shot at doing them :) and well spotted on sign being on airfilter lol.

oh aub stop being a big girl not once did i say to tosh your renders were crap i commented on the wheels being big yes but looks like you cant take a bit of critisism (spelling)

I think jimmy's point is how can you put something on your car saying "Bad Ass Racing" when anytime someone puts you in the wall you go and complain to try and get them banned, also this may not be my place but was Bad Ass Racing not the name of Ally Strachan's Banger Team at Crimond?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..