Quiz Time

martwisely

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never have got all of those drivers without looking at the video, great question though Lakey :thumbup:

Ok back to music, name the artist and song that these lyrics are from....

Out of my window I can see them in the moonlight,

Two silhouettes saying goodnight by the garden gate.

I'm pretty sure someone will get it from that but if not I'll add some more later.

Next question and back to racing. :thumbup:

Which ex-World Champion, and now ex-banger racer, amongst his various other businesses also ran a go kart track?

Incidentaly, this person also banned me for life from his go karts for using " excessive contact"! WTF????? :shrug:

In 1985 Paul Shepherd won the World Final at Wimbledon. A slight change in the Spedeworth rule book for that year meant that the car he was driving was actually deemed to be illegal. So as a compremise one part of the XJ6 he built was unbolted before he was allowed to take part .......... what was the part :unsure:

In 1985 Paul Shepherd won the World Final at Wimbledon. A slight change in the Spedeworth rule book for that year meant that the car he was driving was actually deemed to be illegal. So as a compremise one part of the XJ6 he built was unbolted before he was allowed to take part .......... what was the part :unsure:

At a guess one o the doors :shrug:

The Water Tank.

Well done Stu :thumbup:

The rules use to state it had to be under the bonnet, but they changed to level with the front pulley at that time. Paul turned up with the Jag tank infront the pulleys and across the front. Spedeworth let him race as long as it was unbolted and left free. The rest is history ........ :thumbup:

Even after the meeting he was allowed home with the Trophy but the money was held back until the powers that be sorted it out, because some of the Spedeworth boys were not happy!

1988.......Saloon Stock Car World Final at Wisbech, probably one of the finest races I ever witnessed "live".

Who won it and was subsequently disqualified? What was he disqualified for? Who inherited the win?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..