SSC Skins

theboss

Ok, so I have pretty much got to grips with painting bangers, now I would like to redo my stock car.

I have noticed on the SSC that all the bumpers/rollcage is under one layer and therefor can only be painted one colour? Is there a way to change this as I may want to have a different colour front and back?

:thumbup:

Nah, that wont work, cos the bumper/rollcage is defined by one of the small boxes, not thebody layer.

:shrug:

I came across this when i painted a stockrod for a mate. I wanted to try and put a scots flag on the back of the number fins. And it was harder thn i thought :rofl: The cross that fits perfect to the fin was tiny and was based towards the top left corner of the box. Hopefully this will give u a starting point.

I am a bit confused by the topic and what you want help with, but being mu usual helpful self :rolleyes: I decided to try and help anyway. If you are using photoshop and trying to seperate part of a layer so it is a new layer if you know what I mean,

e.g bonnet and roof seperate to become to seperate layers, you can use the lasso tool to go round the bonnet for example and the go to Layer > New Layer > Layer via cut

This should give you a new layer with the selected part from the old layer.

Hope you understood that lol,

Kruiz

I am a bit confused by the topic and what you want help with, but being mu usual helpful self :rolleyes: I decided to try and help anyway. If you are using photoshop and trying to seperate part of a layer so it is a new layer if you know what I mean,

e.g bonnet and roof seperate to become to seperate layers, you can use the lasso tool to go round the bonnet for example and the go to Layer > New Layer > Layer via cut

This should give you a new layer with the selected part from the old layer.

Hope you understood that lol,

Kruiz

Think he was meaning the rollcage tab in the bits layer

All the polys that make up the bumpers of the car (front, back and sides) on the template all those polys are grouped together and shrunk down (on the template) then the creator puts a square of colour over the polys. Since they are grouped together (overlapped etc) if you paint 1 you kinda paint them all, you can't paint any part of the bumpers separately. If you paint the square different colours it can have an effect on the model in game, but its kinda random. :thumbs_up:

Edited by Rikard

Cheers Rik :thumbs_up: Kinda puts and end to that idea, lol :banghead2:

Oh right I get it now i think :banghead2:

You wanted different colour on the front to the back of the bumpers?

I wanted to do that aswell, I was going to have a green front and white back but in the end I just did the whole chassis white and the body green and white, I think it looks better that way anyway. :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..