speedway

chops660

Never let me slag of the stockies again,  011.gif

Was out for a drive tonight and ended up at my old haunt Armadale, And went to watch the speedway. First time i've been back since it shut for stockcars many moons ago...

Paid £11.50 each to get in for 1 1/2 hrs of what i can only describe as pants thumbs_down.gif  15 races of first bike into the first corner won.

Although the stadium does look slightly better than it did the last time i was there, they do seem to have a decent sized crowd, and they do put on a show, Armadale speedway it aint my cuppa 'T'. But i bet it would make a nice wee shale track for some four wheeled stuff.

I wont grudge the £8 at cowdie for a while. thumbup.gif  even if it is only to sit in the bar... rofl.gif

Edited by chops660

I have to disagree with you chops maybe its just in scotland but down here the speedway is fine and cheaper too lol.

Maybe im lucky and have more tracks to view IE sheffield is just across town and every meeting there has a big crowd ( would be bigger if they went elite league) scunthorpe has just opened too and looks a promising site for speedway not the best team but all round not a bad effort.

One day the few who grumble about stock cars ( ie speedway fans ) and vice versa need to realise without each other both sports will disappear.

Edited by DaveW329

Didnt say stock car racing isnt better sparky but value for money its 50/50 in my eyes altho its 8/9 quid to get in for speedway u get 1 1/2 hours of pretty much non stop racing. Whereas on the other boot you have stockcars its costs 5 pound more ( if you watch F1's like me ) to watch but u get 3 (if your lucky) to 5 or more hours entertainment with more cars but with longer waits.

There's pro and cons for both and depends on what your tastes are i was always brought watching speedway and stockcars as i was a regular at crayford in the 70's until my old man worked for Mike parker that we started following stockcars everywhere almost to trav's standards (lmfao not after last night tho  rofl.gif )

i used to follow ipswich witches home and away for about 10 years but i stopped going because of the prices it wasnt worth it anymore plus the bspa kept messing with the rules making the stronger teams weaker i.e the better you done the more your were penalised next season . I also kicked football into touch aswell because it is now nearly £50 just for me and the missus to go to a home game , but stockcars at foxhall is £28 pounds for a family of 5 and is great enterainment ( yes even with spedeworth lol ) . Dont get me wrong im not knocking speedway or football as i have just signed up for sky sports just to watch ipswich town and ipswich witches on there . I say long live speedway and stockcars ipswich proves they can survive side by side .

Guest Trash

I know completely what you mean Pete!!

The speedway is great on Sky, cant fault it. Used to go and watch Kings Lynn regularly, but prefer the armchair with a beer for it these days.

I know completely what you mean Pete!!

The speedway is great on Sky, cant fault it. Used to go and watch Kings Lynn regularly, but prefer the armchair with a beer for it these days.

12981[/snapback]

I went to Armadale a year or so back, my first time ever, we got hooked and Monarchs won the league, we haven't been back since though.  i know when we first went they seemed pretty rubbisg but when they were winning i got hooked.

I also went to see IOW v Newcastle when on Holiday in the isle of wight and that was cracking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..