Painting a Randall F2

LondonStoxFan

Hi all. I want to change my car in F2 to the Randall (02 version). It only comes with a TGA template rather than the usual photoshop layered type.

I'm finding this very difficult to paint, and have no idea how to tidy up all the jagged edges etc. It's a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has a version of this which they've previously made for themselves, where the hard works already been done - something that would be easier to convert to my simple colour schemes.

My painting skills are poor - I can just about master colour replacing and adding text/images - that's about it. It's a shame if I don't use the car I'm quickest in simply because I can't paint it!!!

Thanks for any help.

Hi all. I want to change my car in F2 to the Randall (02 version). It only comes with a TGA template rather than the usual photoshop layered type.

I'm finding this very difficult to paint, and have no idea how to tidy up all the jagged edges etc. It's a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has a version of this which they've previously made for themselves, where the hard works already been done - something that would be easier to convert to my simple colour schemes.

My painting skills are poor - I can just about master colour replacing and adding text/images - that's about it. It's a shame if I don't use the car I'm quickest in simply because I can't paint it!!!

Thanks for any help.

Why dont u get one of the Skinpainters to paint it for You? :thumbup: sure one of them would gladly help!

Just a suggestion!

Marty, thanks for the offer, it's appreciated. However, I'm going to stick it out myself. I did quite a lot last night, and I've got the hang of things and it's looking ok (by my standards!). However, I have one problem.

When I convert the file using MkTex, and try it out, there is a red bar in the drivers cab which looks totally out of place. It goes across the outside window - no idea what it's supposed to be. There is no red at all on my TGA template, so I'm not sure where it's coming from.

Any ideas?

there is a red bar in the drivers cab which looks totally out of place. It goes across the outside window

Could you post up a screenshot of this problem?

But it looks bloody awful - can't I change it?

Oh well thanks for the help. Haven't got time to worry about it so I'll stick with that!

Hi LSF

Thats the headnet, i believe (though not 100%) that it stops the drivers head/neck jolting too far when they hit the fence (you may notice that its on the fence side of the car). I've looked at my template and it doesn't look like it's mapped onto the template......... check your tga and see if it has anything red on it? Otherwise, its probably a colour/texture which is packed into the car itself (much like the dials on the dash are, amongst others) which obviously cannot be changed though.

I wouldn't worry thought, it doesn't spoil the car at all, nice work :thumbup:

But it looks bloody awful - can't I change it?

Oh well thanks for the help. Haven't got time to worry about it so I'll stick with that!

Hi LSF

Thats the headnet, i believe (though not 100%) that it stops the drivers head/neck jolting too far when they hit the fence (you may notice that its on the fence side of the car). I've looked at my template and it doesn't look like it's mapped onto the template......... check your tga and see if it has anything red on it? Otherwise, its probably a colour/texture which is packed into the car itself (much like the dials on the dash are, amongst others) which obviously cannot be changed though.

I wouldn't worry thought, it doesn't spoil the car at all, nice work :thumbup:

Yeah, that is the purpose of it, every F2 in rwal life has one and most are red, so it adds to the realism. :thumbs_up:

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..