Rfactor Stockcars WIP

Guest Rikstr

Not sure about the engine sound, they seem to be kinda like the V8 Buggies in that they sound like a washing machine at fairly high revs :rofl:

Other than that it looks promising :thumbup: , although I've never seen these things in real life. Are they like the NZ equivalent of the F1s?

Edited by erik

Sounds are being worked on. We've got guyz with Real life sound recordings and the team is working on utilizing them. Biggest prob at the moment is the engine revs the sound out too high but these guyz will get that sorted. Thats one of the more easier things to do hence being left to last.

Some UK guy called Frankie something just competed over here in our Stockcar Nationals. You guyz heard of him??? lol.

Yer these would be our equivilent to your F1's but probably a lot heavier/stronger as the NZ guyz over here can hit hard and very blatantly. I don't think your brisca's hit anywhere as hard as our stockcars do over here, but I ain't a expert. Brisca's might even be too light to compete here, possibly, i have no idea. I'm a sprintcar/midget openwheel fan myself.

You'll be pleased to know that the physics in that vid are 2wd on the rears only. Personally i'm really rapt with the physics as they are but I think they might improve a lil more. Have been getting sideways nicely at Sexbierum & Stadium tracks. I can't drive the damn things on Joseville Dirt Track thou, that track has no grip what so ever, dunno how major got his car round that track like he did in that Video :shrug: .

These rFactor Stockcars are totally new models, nothing from heat, totally scratch built for rFactor. And i've gotta say they look superb. Oh so yer, there are diff models.

:2:

KDSR_Rikstr

Yes they are equivelant to our F1's.

Our F1 can't compete with NZ cars for numerous reasons the main one being there not strong enough.

NZ stocks rules are closer to bangers and deliberate fencing and followins are allowed.

NZ stocks race on bigger tracks, similar to Sprint cars etc.

Looking good so far, very impressive, but those engine noises sound like our petrol engine lawn mower :rofl: but as you said that will be sorted so good news all round. :thumbs_up:

Can't wait to get Rfactor myself. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..