SATA and ATA

Dazza290

Ok, I have bought a new computer!

The new computer is setup for SATA but after a long convo with Pedz (Cheers mate :thumbs_up: ) we found out how to add an ATA hard drive to the new SATA system (well Pedz already knew how but I didnt!).

Now the hard drive works fine once the computer is booted up but every time I turn the computer on it ask's if I want the drive to be checked (it says it recommends the drive to be checked). But I thought that maybe after the first time it asked, it would assume the disk is ok. In the log which comes up after the check has finished, it says there is nothing faulty/bad.

I know this isnt a major problem but it is slightly annoying that you have to sit and wait for 5 minutes every time you turn it on so it can check. Any idea's what this could be?? I had thought that maybe the jumper settings are incorrect??

Any help would be more then appreciated as usual,

Dazza

P.s I think Hard Drives will be the death of me!

I've also installed an Geforce 7600GT graphics card but whenever I go into a game (SOD or even Toca Race driver for example) the screen will go black, but the sounds of the game loading up etc are fine, but oviously I cant see anything! I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the card but that doesnt work so now im stuck :rofl:

Dazza

H/drive.....u got a nice big one use it hehe,put all the bits of old one on to it and unplug old one

graphic card....was x1300 onboard?? if so u need to go into the bios and disable it m8 and the new 7600gt may have a molex plug to go into the end of card m8

H/drive.....u got a nice big one use it hehe,put all the bits of old one on to it and unplug old one

graphic card....was x1300 onboard?? if so u need to go into the bios and disable it m8 and the new 7600gt may have a molex plug to go into the end of card m8

LOL Ok, that maybe easier just whacking everything onto the new HDD.

The X1300 was actually a graphic card which i removed, I un-installed the old ATI drivers aswell as anything ATI I could find but this still happens?

The only other thing I can think of is that the monior im using is to old? When my other computer went bang my monitor packed up aswell (was a TFT screen) so im back to using a 5 year old + monitor on this new sytem. Would that make any difference/make an interference with the card?

EDIT: Forgot to say, the card doesnt need an extra cable, the old 7600 GS I had did need one but this one I have doesnt.

Dazza

Edited by Dazza684

Are you still running on the game install for the tft screen? it may be that the old monitor will not run at the screen resolution set.

For the hard drive have you tried running the disc checking from the properties/tools of the hard drive ? this may reset the auto checking.

Are you still running on the game install for the tft screen? it may be that the old monitor will not run at the screen resolution set.

For the hard drive have you tried running the disc checking from the properties/tools of the hard drive ? this may reset the auto checking.

I have managed to get the graphics side of things working again now, I downloaded Direct X 9.0c and made sure I had the latest N-Vidia drivers and all seems to be fine now, so thanks for the help on that.

The 7600 Gt seems to be an ample card and im over the moon with the performance im getting on it from games like R Factor!

Thanks for the suggestion on the Hard Drive Dino, I'll try that one tommorow as at current I disconnected the old drive so I could stick the side casing of the computer back on!

Cheers for everyones help though :thumbup:

Dazza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..