Real Life F2Skin Pt2

martwisely

Hi i had a go at paintin Laura Dawsons Real life f2 Skin Here New one!

[attachmentid=14021]

[attachmentid=14022]

And the Real Life picture

[attachmentid=14023]

Comment please :thumbup:

The Back panel is still to be done but apart from that is complete! I just need a hold of a photo of the back panel. Preferably Straight on.

Cheers Martin :thumbup:

post-783-1172936857.png

post-783-1172936896.png

post-783-1172936992_thumb.jpg

Comments:

The chassis color is too bright. This can be made darker

The body color is too yellow. This needs to be a tad bit darker or "softer"

I can only comment on 1 side of the car as there is a real picture to compare it with

Signwriting on the fence side of the wing needs to be rescaled and repositioned. In your case there is an empty space on the front part of that side where the real car has a nice spread of name and number.

The same applies for the lower right side engine panel. The signwriting needs to be rescaled and repositioned to fill the whole panel.

The same applies for the right side panelswhere it reads "Wear ltd". The ltd bit starts more to the right side and is closer to the Scottish flag. Again rescaled and repositioning.

The number on the wing looks a bit strange. I think the cut and pasting from the picture hasn't worked out well. Try to redo it in a way that it gets a more "squarish" look as in the real car.

The Scottisch flag at the front looks a bit weird as the white stripes that run through the flag look like they are not representing a cross but a diamond layout (not X but <> ).

I have to say that it is a skin and at a quick glance you could say that it's a real life skin. But after a closer look you see that there is still a lot to improve. A good skin, no. An effort , yes.

My advice: when painting a skin, don't just use the signs from the real car and put them on the skin the way you think it's best. You need to take a close look at the position and size of the size in comparison to panels and other things on the car. That's what makes the difference. It's no use copying a sign from the real can when you put it on the right side of the car but in the complete wrong proportions.

Good luck with it!

Dragon

Thanks for the Advice Dragon. Have started reworkin on it and improvin it. I did noticed the scottish flag on the front was all to pot. but i just left that as i had not finished the skin.

Will post up what it looks like in the next few days once i get the right fonts etc.

Mart :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..