Track pictures wanted

Nick M48

As pretty much all of our tracks always have the threat of closure hanging over them I thought now would be a good time to start collecting as many pictures of each track as we can (even if the track has been modelled recently) so that in the future we can relive our fond memories on increasingly detailed virtual versions. I'm looking for pictures of everything from the grass or mud under your feet, to the dustbins, to the food wagons, to the fence, to the trackshop, to the trees on the horizon, basically if you can see it, take a picture of it! that includes the pit area too.

In future games we may be able to climb out of our broken cars and wander around the trackshop, buy one of those air horns and honk it at your favourite driver as he races past!

So if you have a camera, please start snapping away, zip the pictures up and either post them on here or send them to me because once the track has gone, it'll be too late.

Edited by Nick M48

sounds cool nick

what kind of pics?

square-on? what angles for things like dustbins toilet buildings?

cheers

i take over 100 meetings at every meeting anyway, so i'll get clicking away next time

:thumbs_up:

pazza

i will get swindon for your sometime this year it gets shut at the end of the year :3: and it held the first f2 world final so i think it would be good to have in game

the good news is tho they are building a new 1 the other side of the road weather it opens for stockcars remains to be seen as it may just be for speedway

cheers aub

Great Idea Nick.

I only wish I had thought of that years ago before both Newton Abbot and St Austell disapeared. :sick03:

i have the last ever meeting of st autell on DVD could do a copy and send it on to you nick as i no this was a great track before my time dvd is a bit blury but can see the track and the basis clearly,

let me know

Si

Great Idea Nick.

I only wish I had thought of that years ago before both Newton Abbot and St Austell disapeared. :sick03:

i have the last ever meeting of st autell on DVD could do a copy and send it on to you nick as i no this was a great track before my time dvd is a bit blury but can see the track and the basis clearly,

let me know

Si

Dunno ask someone that in 10 years time. :thumbs_up:

what kind of pics?

square-on? what angles for things like dustbins toilet buildings?

If possible square on and angled would be best.

i will get swindon for your sometime this year it gets shut at the end of the year :3: and it held the first f2 world final so i think it would be good to have in game

I'd appreciate it if you could gets lots of pics before it shuts :thumbs_up:

Great Idea Nick.

This is why we need to start collecting pictures now, before it's too late.

I'll PM you.

Wimbledon has seen a number of changes since the track was moddled. Personally i think it was at its best in 03 when the speedway track was inplace but now that it has gone i think ti might be difficullt to create it ingame, but i can get alot of modern day pictures :thumbs_up:

If you have the opportunity please take as many pictures as you can.

Edited by Nick M48

Great Idea Nick.

let me know

Si

Dunno ask someone that in 10 years time. :thumbs_up:

Doh soz si that quote was to bradders. lmao

in future could u straighten the cars out on an hiab wagon?

As Nick describes above, if our game moves on to a virtual world format then you could do as much or as little as you like in it. If you think about Grand Theft Auto, then you could own a virtual hiab, run a virtual yard and buy scrap motors. Then like Gran Turismo and Need for Speed you could build and paint them. Then like Big Mutha Truckers, you could transport them to the track. Then like Driven to Destruction you could race and repair them. The damage engine could be similar to S.O.D and Banger Heat, allowing you to jack and snap, but then you could drag it back to the pits and Hiab it out. End of racing, load it up and drive back home, then repair it or weigh it in! The posibilities are endless, the software is all out there, just need to write it first... :compbang:

As Nick describes above, if our game moves on to a virtual world format then you could do as much or as little as you like in it. If you think about Grand Theft Auto, then you could own a virtual hiab, run a virtual yard and buy scrap motors. Then like Gran Turismo and Need for Speed you could build and paint them. Then like Big Mutha Truckers, you could transport them to the track. Then like Driven to Destruction you could race and repair them. The damage engine could be similar to S.O.D and Banger Heat, allowing you to jack and snap, but then you could drag it back to the pits and Hiab it out. End of racing, load it up and drive back home, then repair it or weigh it in! The posibilities are endless, the software is all out there, just need to write it first... :compbang:

My head is full to the brim with ideas like this but trying to get things into working code is another thing...

:compbang: is definitely how I feel regularly :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

went to bristol today

here are some pics i got

Attachment Link

Edited by pazza

Nice one mate :thumbs_up: not sure how you managed to take the aerial view one though, did you go by private helicopter! lol

bit of help from MSN maps :unsure::rofl:

i know :unsure:

but i've got this camera where u can take pics and it doesn't look like you are

if u put it in the flat position, nobody knows ;)

post-1155-1176205338.jpg

but i've got this camera where u can take pics and it doesn't look like you are

if u put it in the flat position, nobody knows ;)

So if your standing next to a guy at the urinal holding a twisted silver thing you should be worried! :rofl:

So if your standing next to a guy at the urinal holding a twisted silver thing you should be worried! :rofl:

:rofl::scared15:

not that i'm into that kinda stuff :3:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..