Paint Shop Pro

ianbailey981

I started out with both, and after using both for a little while i decided Photoshop was better for me. Plus there are loads of really useful tutorials all over the net. Plus, its the choice of the professionals :thumbs_up: lol

I use PSP7.

It was slightly harder to get the hang of as nobody does a user guide for it, but I seem to get good enough results with it now.

It must work, as unlike one ' expert ' thats posted in this thread, I dont have to keep asking others to do skins for me.

• 4 weeks later...

don't think that's right

i have pro desktop 8 coz its the CAD programme we use in school

you can do renders, but its not compatible with UkDirt needs so far as I'm aware.

Excellent CAD programme though

This is what I made with it...

post-1155-1178033931_thumb.jpg

post-1155-1178034212_thumb.jpg

don't think that's right

i have pro desktop 8 coz its the CAD programme we use in school

you can do renders, but its not compatible with UkDirt needs so far as I'm aware.

Excellent CAD programme though

This is what I made with it...

Very nice mate :appl: i use 3ds max 8 in school and we can import .3ds files to do that lol..... im geussing you cant import using pro desktop 8 ?

i personally use psp v9 took me two years of offline fiddling before i even attempted a car for someone else

I think it's just a case of try what you can get hold of - but be prepared for many hours of trial and error

i think i paint in a ver different way to many of the guides out there but it works for me.............

does anyone else do this....

set body layers to luminance

then add a new layer above then - set to overlay then you can paint on that layer

you have to reorder the parts, underneath and fin layers on some models but just experiment with things!

below are some of my work.........

[attachmentid=15401]

[attachmentid=15402]

post-727-1178061501_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178061550.jpg

I do a smiliar thing, merge all body parts, make that layer grey, then duplicate and set to overlay and paint/sign the overlay. :thumbup:

boss i do the same but is there any easier way of erasing the grey from around the signs other than by freehand using the eraser tool. cheers, damo.

I do a smiliar thing, merge all body parts, make that layer grey, then duplicate and set to overlay and paint/sign the overlay. :thumbup:

boss i do the same but is there any easier way of erasing the grey from around the signs other than by freehand using the eraser tool. cheers, damo.

I dont get grey round my signs. add me msn i go through it with ya, theboss295@hotmail.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..